Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

SL Free-ski MA of my 10 year old son

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
His skiing is fast approaching the limit of my technical knowledge... Any and all feedback appreciated. Thanks!

http://youtube.com/v/Mq8B57RJO9g&feature=share&list=UUFub2wsny-4wlgASwsCvlsA

http://youtube.com/v/lmL9cJQv1As&list=UUFub2wsny-4wlgASwsCvlsA&index=2
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Wow !
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
jimgrossman, It's an education just to watch him. Mind you top marks to who-ever took the video too!!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
That's very good, where abouts in the states are you?
He's had some good coaching to this point, he's getting some high edge angles so early in the turn, I'm presuming he's in a race club?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Wow indeed!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
jimgrossman, welcome to Snowheads snowHead Great video, your kid is a very nice racer, you must be proud of him Smile
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks all for the kind comments Very Happy

We live in Sun Valley, Idaho. He's been skiing for a long, long time already and he skis a lot; more than 100 days/year. He is on the local ski team, but I also ski with as much as I can. I've been teaching skiing for 25 years and specialize in coaching the local master's team and teaching for the local adaptive program. I raced through my youth making the US Team in mainly speed events, right before I destroyed my knee...

A long way of saying I know quite a bit about skiing, both through experience as well as through the process of teaching and coaching; but as I said in the previous post, "his skiing is fast approaching the limit of my technical knowledge..." So with that said, what is he doing well? What could be doing better?

Again, thanks!

Enjoy!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
And some GS free-skiing too...

http://youtube.com/v/eNDrU4NzsuM
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
jimgrossman, Very hard to tell from behind but dare I mutter summat about 'inner tip lead' in the left turn? (worms, can etc.)

From a purely numpty on sticks pov he appears to be getting much more rebound power at the release from his right hand carve than his left. Look at the separation, drawback and push in his left leg as he sets up the transition to begin the right turn carve. You'd have to have more viewpoints to watch the fore-aft-fore mass movement over the ski center through the carve to determine if he's really staying a little too long on his tails in the left carve and not achieving quite the same acute angulation as his right carve. Could just be camera angles, could just be me talking out ma butt. But I know from coaching trampolining that we all have a favoured side that is very difficult to eradicate, ask him which turn he like more, the right carve looks a more natural flowing movement, I'm ignoring ski control just looking at the body dynamic.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
My friend gave you a full M/A over on PMTS, no good?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Looks pretty good, but I agree... difficult to tell from the viewing angle what's really going on, from this angle looks like a good job, as Masque, says about tip lead, there are a few times he gets very open going into the new turn and almost gets squashed from a (microscopic point of view) by the force, overall though very nice, would be better with different viewing angles as mentioned.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy