Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dolomiti Superski pass prices

Poster: A snowHead
I'm slightly ashamed to admit that I've never actually been to any lift pass office and requested my own pass Embarassed
We normally stay with independent chalets or small hotels, and they obtain passes for the advertised price or often with a small discount, which is nice.

But now I have a trip booked with a TO who will be trying to flog all and sundry on the transfer bus, so I just need to be armed with the facts in order to make a good decision. So is the price listed on the web here, for example the price I would expect to pay at the office in Canazei? The price advertised by the TO (in GBP) seems a little steep with the current exchange rate, but if I know the Euro price, I can compare accurately.

Ta muchly snowHead
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

So is the price listed on the web here, for example the price I would expect to pay at the office in Canazei?

Yes, I would think so, that's the way it usually works. I'm glad to see I will enjoy a €20 discount for being elderly, when I ski in Arabba in February. snowHead
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
pam w, Hehe enjoy! I can advise that the café at the 2nd station on the Marmolada does rather good (and massively large) slices of strudel/tiramisu (the proper stuff) etc. and has a lovely view while you work up the energy to ski all the way down!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
i normally buy my pass from the rep on the bus (after making sure they are charging the same as ticket office ), saves a bit of messing about in resort
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Scarlet, I order mine online using the dolomitisuperski website and have it delivered to the hotel. Cheaper than TO and no extra cost for delivery but all the convenience
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Scarlet, Booked with Crystal this year and paid £205 for the full area pass mid January. Hope that helps.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm happy to buy on the bus and save queuing up for one, but only if it's not going to cost more than the going rate.

mfamily2, Thanks. In that case, I suggest you don't look...
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Morning from Val Gardena. Yes the prices shown on the web link are correct for the current season. I can tell you that the snow is good, the pistes are great and we're looking forward to watching the Audi FIS Mens Downhill on Saslong today! Ciao, Tim
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Scarlet, Hey ho........................story of my life. I will have to drink less to compensate, or perhaps I won't. That's another argument against booking lift passes early online, but I suppose it could have gone the other way couldn't it? Or have I been properly ripped off? I note on their website they are still charging £198 for an area pass mid January, which equates to 20 euros above the advertised price, which does suggest a rip off if you book online.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
jtoh, Excellent! I am looking forward to lots of runs down the Sasslong myself, I think that area is one of my favourites. Incidentally, how easy/long does it take to get from the top of the Sasslong around to Seiser Alm? I've not been further than that, and it looks like you have to cross the valley twice to get there (and back). Doable in a day from Canazei?

mfamily2, Dwelling on it solves nothing, what's done is done, just enjoy your holiday snowHead
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Scarlet, when are you in Canazei? We are there from 12.1.13
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Scarlet, You sound like my mum, but you are quite right.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Scarlet - just back from the Mens World Cup Downhill - what a day!

Canazei to Alpe di Siusi - there are a couple of ways to do this. You can, as you suggest cross the valley a couple of times and you should be able to have an hour or two on Alpe di Siusi. I ski fast, so I am judging this by my own standards, you understand.

However, take a tip.... Head to Monte Pana and take the bus to Alpe di Siusi. Its a great ride and takes about 20 mins. Im terrible with names, ( if you cant work it out from the piste map, let me know and I will dig the all the lift and piste names out for you ). The bus stops at the very bottom lift on Monte Pana and runs every 20/25 mins or so. Its a couple of Euros. With an early start you should be able to get to Siusi by 11am, maybe 10.30am.

If you cant work it out, drop me a note.

Ciao, Tim

PS We've had 10-15cm snow today!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
mfamily2, NehNeh

jtoh, Thanks for the tip. Is it worth the effort? What about the slopes on the Seceda side - they look easier to reach? Whatever we do, a day in Selva area is definitely on the cards.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Scarlet, Seceda is easyish to reach. We've done it from Arabba a few times.
ski holidays
jtoh wrote:
However, take a tip.... Head to Monte Pana and take the bus to Alpe di Siusi. Its a great ride and takes about 20 mins.

It certainly is! The most "off road" bus service I've ever been on! Laughing (unmetalled road, and in some places the gap between trees either side of the track is only slightly bigger than the width of the bus.... Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
Alastair Pink, Now you're selling it to me! Sounds worth it for the bus ride Skullie

andy, Sorry, I meant from a "where to ski on a day out in Selva/St Christina?" point of view.
snow report
Scarlet,
im not sure the seizer alm area is worth the effort getting to it !! (flattish and a lot of poling involved...) - if you do go the Saslong route , you can always use the 'valley' bus (runs Ortisei/Selva) to get there/back if time is tight..
snow report
Hi also from Selva. Sometimes it can be cheaper to buy from the TO if they've bought pre-season and the exchange rate alters favourably, either way, it's nickels and dimes. It snowed solidly today which has freshened up the pistes a treat. Happy
snow report
Morning Scarlet. Is it worth it? Big question and everyones opinion is different. Neither Seceda or Alpe di Siusi are difficult to reach for you and both offer very different experiences. Why not try this? Head to Alpe di Siusi ( via the Monte Pana bus ) one day, and then do Seceda another day? You will only repeat the first part of the route and therefore cover more and different ground each day.

Alpe di Siusi is Europe's highest Skiable plateau. It is truly beautiful. It is not a 'steeps n deeps' experience.

The 10.5k Seceda run into Ortisei is an experience too. As is the underground bus trasfer at the bottom of Saslong.

So they all have something to offer and then you can make your own call! There are some fly through maps on our web site which will give you a better feel.

Beautiul morning here!
snow report
jtoh, Thanks for the info, I'll give it some thought and see what the weather's like.
latest report
Alastair Pink, I remember that bus ride Toofy Grin Toofy Grin it was epic! Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

I went here last season staying in Ortesei and I am off again this season staying in Colfosco and I can't WAIT!!!!!! snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
If buying from the tour operator, check whether the pass they sell you is the Full Dolomiti Superski pass or just the area pass? Also check the low and high season dates via the tour operator and compare it to the official high and low season dates. I'm saying all this because I know with Inghams a few years ago their low and high season dates were different to the offical ones. They also sold us the full Dolomiti superski pass instead of the local area one (you will need the full pass if you want to do the Sella Ronda) and they sold it to us at the low season rate which we wouldn't have got at the offical ticket offices.
snow conditions
Paid £190 back in Feb 2012 for full area pass between Jan 26 and Feb 2nd 2013 so 6 days (Sun to Fri). Will no doubt get taken to the cleaners when buying an extra 4 days Feb 2nd to 6th as it is high season then.

Hey ho Happy

HTH
ski holidays
All, here is the link to the official Dolomit Superski website with all official prices....

http://www.dolomitisuperski.com/en-US/prezzi_skipassen.html

Ciao, Tim
latest report
jtoh, It seems that sometimes with the TOs you get a good deal, and sometimes you don't. I now know what the "official" Euro rate is, so I know the maximum I'll pay. If they are selling them cheaper on the bus than this (current online price is roughly +£15) then I'll buy one, otherwise I've got a spare afternoon to visit the pass office.

Hmm maybe I should do something with that spare afternoon...
snow report
I think we bought our passes in advance of heading out to Arabba on Saturday. Can't remember how much we paid though (will check invoice).

I went on one trip towards the end of the season that we'd bought passes for in advance, the rep on the coach came to us with a refund form and told us to send it in to head office when we returned, as the lift company discounted all passes. Doubt this is the norm though!
snow report
Scarlet

while searching for something else i came across this -----

http://www.dolomiti.com.au/canazei/090909_canazei10dayitinerary.pdf

I havent read it all, but it gives a short cut to Monte Pana from the Piz Sella (which would save you crossing the valley....... Smile )
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I have sorted my overpayment with crystal with a negotiated admin fee, but still save £20 each of our group on our prebooked price. How easy is it to book the dolomiti superski pass on line? Anyone know, or should I just get it at the Belvedere gondola on arrival? Scarlet, I just couldn't let it go Toofy Grin
snow conditions
I have sorted my overpayment with crystal with a negotiated admin fee, but still save £20 each of our group on our prebooked price. So what's the preferred method of purchase, on line, on the bus or at the Belvedere gondola on arrival? Scarlet, I just couldn't let it go Toofy Grin
ski holidays
albob, very useful - have you got a link to days 1-5?
ski holidays
Found it:
http://www.dolomiti.com.au/canazei/the-skiing.html#skiitineraries
snow conditions
albob wrote:
Scarlet

while searching for something else i came across this -----

http://www.dolomiti.com.au/canazei/090909_canazei10dayitinerary.pdf

I havent read it all, but it gives a short cut to Monte Pana from the Piz Sella (which would save you crossing the valley....... Smile )

Looking at this years piste map, it looks like you need to go down the black run from the top station of the Plan de Gralba cable car and then onto the red run to Monte pana.

However I'm sure there used to be a run from the top cable car station direct to MOnte Pana (which would be the short cut you mentioned). I'll try and find an old map to see if that route is on there
snow conditions
"...Looking at this years piste map, it looks like you need to go down the black run from the top station of the Plan de Gralba cable car and then onto the red run to Monte pana..."

and that black bit at the top is probably the nasiest bit the dolomites have to offer !! -- its only a 200 metres long, but narrow and rutted ; i hate it........
ski holidays
Quote:

and that black bit at the top is probably the nasiest bit the dolomites have to offer !! -- its only a 200 metres long, but narrow and rutted ; i hate it........

Indeed, quite a test when mogulled and shaved smooth. Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
^well last year, from the top of the Plan de Gralba cable, you could take an easy red down to the Comici hut and then an even easier red from there all the way to Monte Pana from where the bus goes to Seiseralm. That way we avoided the short but steep black
snow conditions
pjd wrote:
^well last year, from the top of the Plan de Gralba cable, you could take an easy red down to the Comici hut and then an even easier red from there all the way to Monte Pana from where the bus goes to Seiseralm. That way we avoided the short but steep black

What he said !! Wink

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Wed 19-12-12 18:23; edited 1 time in total
snow report
mfamily2 wrote:
I have sorted my overpayment with crystal with a negotiated admin fee, but still save £20 each of our group on our prebooked price. So what's the preferred method of purchase, on line, on the bus or at the Belvedere gondola on arrival? Scarlet, I just couldn't let it go Toofy Grin

i always buy mine on the bus. i went with neilsons last year and the liftpass price was the same as the tourist office - the TO will still be making money by buying in bulk.....
snow conditions
albob, Thanks for that, it was principle as much as anything else.
latest report
mfamily2 wrote:
albob, Thanks for that, it was principle as much as anything else.

you did good --- 'nil carborundum illegitimi'

Smile Wink Smile
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy