Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Alpe d'Huez old piste map

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Going there this season having not been there for over a decade, however I've been looking at the piste map and I'm sure there are runs that weren't there when I was there last but maybe it's the early onset of dementia. Anyone got a e-version of a map going back more than 10 years ?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Can't help with Alpe d'Huez but for anyone interested in old piste maps generally www.perso-laplagne.fr has maps going back a while http://www.perso-laplagne.fr/CollectionPisteMaps.htm
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
dsoutar, Theres been a fair bit of development in the last decade with some fairly significant new pistes added, don't think I have a .pdf of a map that old, will have a rummage.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
yes - the barbarettes red is one that springs to mind and I am pretty sure that there will be a bit more stuff on the glacier than there would have been 10 years ago. pretty sure Marmottes 3 would have been built in the last 10 years (trying to remember whether it was there when I did my season which was (gulp) 9 years ago). i believe there is also a new blue down to Oz from Alpette which has been added since i was last there
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Arno, Thats Chevreuils down from Alpette to my front door which is handy. Montfrais has changed quite radically in the last 5 years with the 4 man chair being extended up and a new run across the top of that to a big a*s junction at the Clos Giraud chair which now has a link through to the top of La Fare. Belvedere from the top of the Dome must be only 6-7 years old and then theres the new chunk of Bartavelles off that which killed the Agnelins OP.

In Auris the Lombards chair was shortened for last season and the runs back down to the valley all remodelled, I don't ski much in the ADH bowl but it seems slightly different each season as do the pistes on the glacier with little wimp-out paths appearing all over the domain (eg to the side of Poutran). The oldest pdf I have is from 2007, will dig out a hard copy from earlier over the weekend.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I meant Bartavelles not barbarettes
Can't picture that new run in Montfrais - maybe it's gone in since I was last there
yes - belvedere is new. that plus bartavelles killed the Angelin, although the Devil's bum hole or whatever is still there
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The ones that I'm not sure about are :
Chateau noir
Combe charboniere
Breche
Balcons ? I seem to remember just coming off the Marmottes left, turning left and ducking under the ropes to ski through some small cliffs ending up by Lac Blanc. I'm sure there's others.

I also remember a really nice rustic restaurant that was in the middle of the piste where one wall seemed to be a huge boulder. Any idea what / where that is / was. I hope it's still there
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
dsoutar wrote:
Chateau noir
Combe charboniere
Breche
Balcons ? I seem to remember just coming off the Marmottes left, turning left and ducking under the ropes to ski through some small cliffs ending up by Lac Blanc. I'm sure there's others.

I also remember a really nice rustic restaurant that was in the middle of the piste where one wall seemed to be a huge boulder. Any idea what / where that is / was. I hope it's still there

its not 10 years ago but I have a old piste map of alpe d'huez about 5 years old and there all on there
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
dsoutar, I think the resto you mean is Les Airelles in Montfrais, has changed hands a couple of times recently but now quite friendly again. Balcons is a quite steep & normally mogulled black off to the left of Marmottes 2, not always open and if you drop under the lift station theres a couple of nice couloirs to get down to the lake. Chateau Noir is just a named alternative route off the Sarenne.

Arno, See below, the 4 man chair out of Montfrais now continues higher after crossing the Stade (which is also extended) and allows you to cut across the top of the pistes to Clos Giraud via Cascade.

snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
dsoutar wrote:
Chateau noir
Combe charboniere
Breche

Sadly you will have to put it down to 'old age' ! Smile --- I have a piste map from 1994 and the ones you mention are all there.........!

I can scan and email you it you like..
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Nick D, That sounds like it might open up some of the terrain in the Montfrais trees (skier's right of the Stade)?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Arno, Yes, you can cut right across to the right now, good fun place to go in bad weather when theres a bit of snow about.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
albob wrote:

Sadly you will have to put it down to 'old age' ! Smile --- I have a piste map from 1994 and the ones you mention are all there.........!

I can scan and email you it you like..

Oh dear that's really depressing - I'll get my slippers
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

Going there this season having not been there for over a decade, however I've been looking at the piste map and I'm sure there are runs that weren't there when I was there last but maybe it's the early onset of dementia.

You are lucky. In Les Arcs the piste are gradually disappearing.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
2007:

http://web.archive.org/web/20070112155946/http://www.alpedhuez.net/media/alpe-d%27huez-piste-map.jpg
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy