Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Orres or Serre Chevalier, Chantermele

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Which resort is better?

Taking into regards everything from skiing to apres ski
- choice of spending in xmas and ny in both resorts!

any advice would be much appreciated!

latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Cannot comment on Les Orres, but the general consensus on Serre Che is that it is not a wild and crazy party place for apres and it is a while since we've stayed in Chantemerle.
We've skiied Christmas and New Year in Serre Che and so long as you avoid some bottle neck lifts you can have a great time on quiet pistes. It is family friendly, lots of locals and Italians and not so many brits. At Christmastime on Christmas eve they have mulled wine for the adults, sweeties for the kids [big and small] and Santa appears from the Cable car at Chantemerle at the Front de Neige/cable car . Round New Year each of the villages has fireworks on different nights.

Depends what you are looking for....Hells Bells will be along in a moment I bet... snowHead
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
MarjMJ, you rang?

jollykay, Serre Chevalier has a ton of snow at the moment. 250cm at the top today, and it doesn't open until tomorrow. If you're going for the skiing, you'll be too tired for the apres, but I don't think it will be wild in either, as both resorts are very French, although I haven't skied in Les Orres. My apartment is in Monetier so I'm a bit biased, but would happily stay in Villeneuve, but I didn't like Chantemerle so much. Depends on which accommodation you are going to stay in.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

MarjMJ, you rang?

Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

Well better the real local expert. wink
I'd agree with you about Chantemerle, although it was the first place we stayed (in the now demolished Adret hotel next door to the Alphand's place.). Has got more developed than Villeneuve and Monetier for sure which do have still have pockets of Brianconnais charm.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I went to Les Orres on a University ski trip a long time ago and don't remember much in the way of apres. I think there was some kind of disco in a football shaped building (but I am struggling to remember it).

Les Orres is not great for beginners. It is a good resort for intermediates. The good thing about Les Orres is that a lot of the accommodation is right by the slopes. You probably won't have to carry your skis. The apartments in the original village are fairly basic. Some of the apartments in the newer higher village look more luxurious but I doubt there would be much apres in the newer area. If you are on a budget Les Orres would be cheaper than Serre Chevalier in terms of accommodation and lift pass.

I haven't been to Serre Chevalier so can't comment on that.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
From very distant memory les orres is very quiet, and not particularly large area - I'd definitely head to serre chevalier given the choice.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy