Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Looking for a nice chalet in Tignes?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys,

Looking to rent a Chalet / Flat in Tignes in Febuary..

Could anyone recommend a nice one for 3 people? Looking for plenty space and not to far from the lifts..

Any help appreciated as always!

Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
lIf you don't mind sharing a chalet, the two run by Ski Olympic are good value and right on the lavachet piste which runs down to paquis lift.

Otherwise I've not been in their chalethotel, but that might well have rooms suitable for three and the guests we spoke to were very satisfied.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

Looking to rent a Chalet / Flat in Tignes in Febuary..

do you mean a catered chalet? In which case it would definitely be sharing - I can't imagine there are many chalets for just 3 people, and if there were, they'd be hugely expensive.

Or a self-catered apartment? If the latter there are absolutely masses - if you want one with plenty of space, I'd look for one which claims to sleep 6 people.
If you want to rent yourselves a chalet - ie a self contained building - it will cost mega bucks.

When in February? French school hols from mid month.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yeah sorry i was a bit Vague there..

A flat / Apartment anything self catering will do..

Never thought of the French holidays, unfortunately thats the only time we can get time off work.

Would you recommend somewhere else for less crowds?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

Would you recommend somewhere else for less crowds?

Italy? Preferably somewhere too far from a big city for the weekend crowds. I scarcely know Italian skiing, but there's plenty of advice available here.

Austria maybe - get local advice about the busy weeks there. Plenty of advice on SHs about that, too.

If you can go during the first two weeks of Feb (preferably the first week, as some UK areas have half term from the 9th) France would be fine.

Somebody reported here that Valloire was not bad at all during the French hols, and it's a very nice resort. I have an apartment in a small French resort and I generally make myself scarce for four weeks during the French hols because I don't do lift queues. But if it's the only time you can go, areas such as the Espace Killy with a huge and efficient lift system are probably as good as anywhere - take local advice on how to avoid the worst of the lift bottlenecks. It's also a good idea to get out really early, then stop for lunch about 11.45 before the restaurants are packed out and ski through the long French lunch hour.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the advice Pam, much appreciated.

I have been to Tignes many times and i absolutely love the terrain, went to Les Arcs last year and wasn't so keen so just thought would go back to the tried and tested hill!

Maybe do some research on Italy i think there is a super resort which is lined with Zermatt? might be worth a look.

Thanks again.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Cervinia is. I have only stayed in Zermatt and skied over. Another Italian resort I have been to which I would highly recommend is Selva.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Fri 14-12-12 12:22; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks Nicky,

Will check them all out, my friend is flying in from Dubai so a lot will depend on his flights etc..
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy