Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Advice for a Sixt-Fer a Cheval visit

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello from a newbie, venturing back on to the slopes after a 4 year lay off and I am hoping for a bit of advice please. Having been to Samoens and Morillon before we thought that we would give Sixt a try although this time time we are not hiring a car and was wondering if anyone knows if this is a good idea or not (cost is a consideration). Are there any reliable and good value companies that you can recommend for an GVA transfer (6 people) and lastly a good restaraunt that we can spend new years eve? Many thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi, the problem with Sixt is that, from a skiing point of view, there is no lift access into the Grand Massif system. Sixt has its own lifts (limited), otherwise you need to take the ski-bus to Samoens (frequent but gets busy). This collects skiers who have skied down from Flaine to Sixt on the Cascades piste (which is the only skiable route into Sixt from the GM). I'd want a car for flexibility. I don't know Sixt village btw.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
That is what I was thinking, thank you
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I think you will feel a bit isolated without a car so i agree with billb. The Auberge in Sixt is pretty good so book now.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
billb, Is spot on I usually stay in Flaine, skiied Cascade run last year for the first time, its OK in places but theres alot of narrow road skiing, so once youve seen the scenery is a dull run. So if you stayed in Sixt your limited to its own lifts or getting the bus to and from Samoens. Cascade is often closed due to either the weather or snow conditions so cant be relied upon to get back into Sixt on skis. If you havent done so yet, book accom in one of the other GM villages. if you look on the GM website it give details of local transfer companies, or try alp bus
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I can only remember 2 restaurants in Sixt, its very small and quiet. The Auberge would be my choice, assuming you could get a table!
With no car and wanting any sort of life in the evenings, Samoens might be better
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
bretty wrote:
Are there any reliable and good value companies that you can recommend for an GVA transfer (6 people) ....

I am booked to use this company - no idea yet on reliability but got some very good recommendations from Snowheads. wink

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2115660&highlight=geneva+airport+tansfers#2115660
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy