Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Large ski bag recommendation please, also how do Airlines treat them?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Guys

Basically I don't travel light, or rather have too many seperate bags -

Suit case
    Boot bag
    Ski bag
    Laptop bag

So I like the idea of replacing it with 1 big ski bag / kart - I'm looking for something to hold 180cm ski's and boot, and some clothing. Would ideally like to have a couple of compartments or pockets. Budget is between £60 and £120. I've looked at a few options, but none of them show the insides of the bags.

I love the idea of the SnoKart, but it seemed a little out of my budget. Some previous posts suggested Head bags, but the posts were 1-2 years old and the products have changed.

1 last thing, will airlines accept this as my "baggage" allowance even though its "Out of gauge" or will they charge extra. (I usually fly with BA, Swiss air or Easyjet).
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There's a maximum bag weight of around 32KGish on any one bag. So you'd need to pack carefully if your boots, skis, poles and kit are all going in there.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
what about this ???
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/110988882571?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Nice find, I'll keep a watch on that Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Kelv1n, got the same bag with different branding . . . heavy but Very Tough and can hold 2 boards, 2 pairs of skis, 2 pairs of boots, clothing for padding and . . . a truss Evil or Very Mad
cost me £100 at GVA once for overweight Evil or Very Mad
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
hmm thanks for the heads, think I need to be careful on the weight then.

Perhaps just go for a ski / boot bag, then bigger "hand" luggage for clothing etc (Curiously, I've never had my hand luggage weighed).
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Kelv1n, GVA is a law unto itself . . . most flights I go on just accept the ski carriage fee I've paid in advance but once they hit 23Kg it gets a big warning sticker for the fat numpties that throw yer kit across the tarmac.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
BA want £80.00 for taking skis from Gatwick to Turin and back , can hire top range skis for £75.00 , spoke to BA and they say I can take a ski bag up to 23 kilo with skis and most of my kit .
I can then take the same weight as hand baggage, 23 kilos. My ski kit , skis , poles , shovel and probe only weighs 6 kilo , ski bag 3 kilo , ski boots 5 kilo total 14 , leaves 9 kilo plus 23 as hand baggage , should work in theory until you get to check in !! perhaps the boots will go in the hand luggage if need be.
So now I have bought a big ski bag on wheels from e bay , new for £ 38.00 inc carriage .
Has anyone had airport experience with these big wheeled ski bags ? will this also work on the charters?
ian.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Take a looker here:

http://www.lokker.co.uk/lokker-bags/

Some Snowheads have 'em.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Unless they have changed your ski bag can be your one checked bag on BA, Easyjet allow upto 32kgs in your ski bag if you only have a ski bag but still 32kg combined if you book a checked bag and ski bag. Had no problems at the airport with my 182cm skis and all my other kit in a huge wheeled bag
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I have that very bag and BA took it MCR to TOR last March with no problems, Monarch, on the other hand kicked up a right fuss about it and told me that I had provision for one suitcase + skis, and that what I had done (packed EVERYTHING) into the one big bag was the wrong thing to do. Anyway, after a long and potentially expensive conversation, the check in staff came 'round and I didn't get charged any extra, but I do get the feeling that they were itching to charge me for it - suffice to say I don't think I'll risk it this year...
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Have had the Dakine fall-line double roller in 190cm for the last 5 years. In that time I've flown BA, Swiss, Jet2 and Monarch and not had any issues.
I generally have it a few kilo's over the 23 allowance and have charmed it through a couple of times but others don't even bother weighing it.
I did get a distinctly conspiratorial wink from the check-in bloke at Geneva on Saturday when the digital screen was screaming 28kilo's but he had the look of a fellow skier Very Happy

Worth saying as well that in that time I've done a season in which I was taking the trains and buses between resorts a couple of times a month and generally using and abusing the bag and its still not split torn and barely worn which probably makes it the strongest bit of kit I owned that year.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy