Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Strange Shin Problems - Can you help?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have a strange shin issue which I can't appear to get help with.

Earlier this year I toured up to the Trient Glacier. Only 6 hours of climbing. the next day I had an excruciating pain in one of my shins. However the was no mark, bruising or chaffing. It didn't even hurt to touch when the boot was off. When i put the boot back on it is just unbearable as i lean forward. Like someone is sticking a pin into a very specific place.

This is the second time it has happened in different boots and whilst using those soft gel things.

I'm led to believe it is not shin splints since it doesn't hurt to walk, run or jump out of the ski boot.

Can anyone shed some light on this as it currently prevent me from doing any serious ski mountaineering.

Cheers

Tim

(Boots: Scarpa Matrix, not custom molded or fitted)
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It's hard to say

However - to jump straight to therapy - if the pain's very localised, acupuncture might be good. This isn't a joke on 'feels like sticking a pin' in it, by the way. The British Medical Acupuncture Society (BMAS) have a list on their site of doctors who do acupuncture - and that should ensure professional assessment before any treatment
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Is it the bone or the muscle right next to the bone?
I say this because if theres heavy weight on your feet, the muscle next to your shin can get strained.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Where was/is the pain? On the outside or inside? Could have strained a deep lying tib/fib muscle, or sent it into spasm. As the pain is only when you're in a specific position, it could well be something along those lines.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy