Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Flying into Geneva 4th April.........in need of guidance

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

I have the honour of organising a ski "stag" next year and it looked like Geneva gave us the best options for short transfers (tend to go to La Plagne for my own holiday as friends have an apartment there so have no idea what's good beyond that) so have booked flights into Geneva for Thursday 4th.

There seem to be a wide number of resorts within 90mins transfer so was looking for info on a good "all-rounder" resort. With it being kind of late in the season, I'm guessing generally the higher the better (ruling out, say, Morzine?) A couple of us will be out the door at 9am everyday and won't be seen again until 5pm whilst others are relative beginners so will need gentle nursery slopes. Obviously some half-decent apres-ski would be nice too as I'm sure it won't be all about the skiing wink

Ooooh, and if there's any accommodation tips as well so that I don't end up booking something 3 miles from the nearest lift (not too fussed, probably prefer self-catering over hotel though) that would be awesome.

Thanks in advance guys,
AC
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Maybe Portes de Soleil? It's got a lot going on, and some parts will still be in good shape early April. Also, you could get over to Glacier 3000 if there's been a real warm spell.

It's one of our "locals" so can't help with accommodation, I'm afraid.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Tartegnin - any thoughts on where to base ourselves within the PDS area?? Avoriaz looks to be reasonably high up and central, any of the others worth considering??
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
LondonHawk, Verbier - stay in the Farinet. Not absolutely ideal for beginners but they'll be OK if they've been once or twice before.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I did a stag trip to Morzine 2 years ago and had a great time, half the group doing the whole week and the beginners arriving midweek.

How many are in the group? Bear in mind you're talking about the first week of Easter holidays so midweek arrivals might be tricky, unless you book late.

We stayed in Chalet Sherpa, not 5 star rated or priced, but cost included airport transfers and daily transfer the 700m to lifts. Free ski bus too. Pub right next door plus good choice within short walk.

Might be worth a look, Morzine/Les Gets section good for beginners if snow's OK - our good skiers/boarders gave up 2nd half of week to help 1st timers.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks red 27 will take a look.

JimG2009 : 6 of us, probably 2 "ultra-keen", 2 that are decent but like plenty of hot-chocolate stops and 2 that have only been once/twice. Realise the midweek isn't ideal either but hopefully will find somewhere that will take us - doubt we'll be spending much time in the accommodation so pretty easy on what type it is. Will take a look at Chalet Sherpa, thanks for the tip.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

Maybe Portes de Soleil? It's got a lot going on, and some parts will still be in good shape early April. Also, you could get over to Glacier 3000 if there's been a real warm spell.

that's a bit of a daytrip!! Nearer to home, Avoriaz should be OK (and probably much of the rest of the PdS too) and (if you don't mind horrendous lift queues wink ) the Grand Montets if everything else is snowless.

I wouldn't rule out Morzine. It'll be good for the apres and someone with more local knowledge than I could advise you how best to get up to the snow, if it's too slushy lower down. In Chamonix you'd be spread out throughout the valley, I guess.

But, as JimG2009 points out, it's school holidays. But a quiet time in terms of local (French) holidaymakers, so you could be lucky. Might have to wait till much nearer the time to book, though.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy