Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Season advice

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,
Having recently had knee surgery doing a ski season this year is sadly not going to happen but I'm looking ahead to next year and was wondering if you can help. (Need something to keep the moral up!)
I'm a 25 year old girl skiier turned snowboarder after breaking my ligament skiing..
Could anyone help me on :
where is the best place to go for good boarding/skiing piste and off piste, a good nightlife, a good general experience and lots of people. Anywhere in the world..

When is the best time to apply for this?

What jobs offer you the most free time? And what jobs are best to go for.. I speak English, French and Italian..

Any suggestions would be great Very Happy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
http://www.natives.co.uk/
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
http://www.ski-bunnies.com/
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ansta1 wrote:
http://www.ski-bunnies.com/
Toofy Grin Laughing
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
boulderem wrote:
Hi all,
Having recently had knee surgery doing a ski season this year is sadly not going to happen but I'm looking ahead to next year and was wondering if you can help. (Need something to keep the moral up!)
I'm a 25 year old girl skiier turned snowboarder after breaking my ligament skiing..
Could anyone help me on :
where is the best place to go for good boarding/skiing piste and off piste, a good nightlife, a good general experience and lots of people. Anywhere in the world..

When is the best time to apply for this?

What jobs offer you the most free time? And what jobs are best to go for.. I speak English, French and Italian..

Any suggestions would be great Very Happy

Sounds like Le Duex Alpes aka L2A would be a contender.

Its definately a young people party type resort. Good freestyle scene there with a big and well maintained park with dedicated lifts. Great nightlife - place is crazy. Cannot comment on the off piste.

Definately a snowboard friendly resort (little things like ropes and metal bars situated around the lifts which you can pull yourself about with)

You're language skills would help you land a better job.

BUT if youre considering anywhere.....WHISTLER. Just need to apply for an EIC visa* when 2013s come available (probably January) and save up some money

*you can currently only get 2 of these in your lifetime Shocked
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
gdizzle wrote:
http://www.natives.co.uk/

Probably not much use anymore Puzzled
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

I disagree. There are quite a few flats and the skiing always feels very samey. I wouldn't want to do a season there.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'd throw in Seasonworkers.com and Snowjobz.co.uk as well.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
kat.ryb, there are about three significant flat bits and she'll be able to do all of them by the end of a week. THere are also two parks, a shedload of off piste and half a dozen other resorts included on the pass.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
kat.ryb wrote:
Quote:

I disagree. There are quite a few flats and the skiing always feels very samey. I wouldn't want to do a season there.

Find Swirly's thread about a season in L2A. I've never skied there, but it looks pretty damn good to me!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I thought about L2A.. and Whistler sounds pretty attractive (have been eyeing it up for a long time for Mountain biking too). Didn't realise you'd have to apply so early for a Visa there so that's good to know! Thanks..

Guess if the piste and parks are good enough the off piste isn't AS important though i'd reallly love to get more into that!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
boulderem, you should do Canada (Whistler or otherwise) in preference to Europe, just because you can. You can work in Europe whenever you like, but you have to be under 30 for a Canadian visa. Don't miss the chance.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I wrote a massive post yesterday but somehow it didnt appear.

I also strongly recommend Canada. I have some friends there this year and somehow they have already been heli skiing. In Be Nice please! Whistler. I dont see how it gets better than that.

If you want off piste, well they have an average of 10 meters snow in a season. Yeah 1000+ cms ON AVERAGE. Last year they had 4 meters in march alone. And nearly 1400cm over the season.

Lizzards advice is good, I didnt realise/remember that restriction. Also you only get 2 of these EIC visas in your lifetime.

You dont HAVE to apply in Jan but each country in the EIC scheme gets a certain allocation of visas, several thousand IIRC, and when they are gone....they are gone. Last year I think the last ones were snapped up in late April - but the process takes a few weeks and sometimes they request additional paperwork etc so the sooner you start the process, the sooner it is complete and you can start looking for ur flight/flat/room mates/job!!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy