Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

mietski.com ? too cheap ski hire for st anton

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I'm looking for options for ski hire given the very high (and identical across shops) prices in St anton.

found this web site mietski.com which has a hire place on the road to Stanton, but before in pettneu :
http://www.mietski.com/en/location/pettneu
might be a pain in the back bottom to get to from resort etc. (I haven't worked out the transfer from innsbruk airport yet)

their prices seem suspiciously cheap and a very limited range of skis. Seem to be rental special models.
eg salomon 24 gt pro / voelkl rtm 75

Any one got any opinions or experience ?

The cheap price of 45 euro for 6 days may well indicate very used/old skis in bad condition ?
(cheapest in resort is 120+ euro)

Gareth.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Have you checked the prices through AlpinResorts? That is who we have booked through for St Anton. There was a choice of several shops in St Anton I went for the one by the Nasserien as it is featured in the photo for our accommodation so nice and close Happy
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sorry to bump this one up but i'm also interested in mietski. I'm headed out to St Anton on the 7th of April with a group and we are looking for ski hire. The prices are frankly painful when we paid about 50 euros a head in Courchevel 1650 for skis, boots and poles and are looking in the region of triple that and then some for the same in St Anton.

Does anyone have any experience with them? I could probably live with the hassle of a quick free bus trip to the shop although i'm not sure the rest of the group would unless they can be sure of kit of reasonable quality and in decent enough condition (for hire kit).
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
have asked the same question on here a few times in the last few years and nobody had any info then either. sorry.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Try www.snowbrainer.com, I've always found them very competitive and reliable Smile
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Avago,

Have noticed SnowBrainer being recommended a few times so good to get further confirmation of that. If we can't get any info Mietski I think we'll go through SB. I don't think people are overly keen on a bus ride to sort out kit after an early flight.

Cheers
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hacel, my friends rented from here last here, said it was good

http://www.snowbrainer.com/en/ski-rental/austria/vorarlberg/kloesterle
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
All I can say is I looked at Miet recently and they looked like a perfectly legit company. In the end they would have worked out about 40 euro cheaper for a four day rental but I didn't go with them as they were charging €15 per change of ski (I often change my skies depending on conditions and whether I liked them or not) and also because they weren't at the foot of the hill they were in Pettneu, which is about 5 - 10 minutes away by bus. Would have just made it inconvenient to me to change them.

But would be very doable if you know that you're going to be happy with the ski, i.e., you have ridden it before and know what conditions will be like.

Ski hire in St Anton is extortionate to be honest, and the attitude of the staff in the skiset place was of fatcat market dominant kids who know they can get away with whatever they want. They treated their customers with such contempt.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
A couple on our holiday in January used these. Like you say alot cheaper than in St Anton. They were perfectly happy with them. You can get a bus down. Make sure you book up before you get there as I don't think they have a lot of stock.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
You could try slopefox friends of mine use them on a regular basis and have no problem

www.slopefox.co.uk
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Does anyone have a code valid for 2013/2014 in the st. anton area?
Also, anyone ever heard of a ski shop in Flirsch?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I used Mietski in January and they were fine. As others have said up the road a little but we had a hire car so wasn't a problem (go past the big supermarket to get there which was useful. Skis were a massive saving on the other choices in St Anton itself and the quality was no different to anywhere else I have used.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
My family used them whist visiting me last season in St. Anton. If you don't have a hire car it is an absolute ballache to do as the bus times vs. the opening hours mean there is a very small window of oppurtunity for getting your skis and returning them.
This year they will be using Hervis. It's on the main street (opposite bar cuba/next to M3) and is 100euro for a week boots/ski hire so a fair bit cheaper than alber/intersport/jennewein. The skis are OK for beginner to intermediate, nothing too fancy.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy