Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Menuires 2012/2013

Poster: A snowHead
First pictures of our trip to Les Menuires

http://www.flickr.com/photos/123_456/sets/72157632218537126/

there is enough snow!

121210_001
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi 123_456, I'm sure I'm not the only one who's looking forward to your great photos again this season

I'll be arriving in Les Menuires on Friday evening for a long weekend, looks like there will be just about enough snow to ski back to the chalet wink
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
123_456, hooray, you're back! Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Wonderful that you're back with pictures for this season! We fly out on Saturday for our first week, can't wait!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

there is enough snow!

the great photos plus this eloquent but laconic style of reporting make this a top thread. Looking forward to it. snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Another one looking forward to this thread over the coming season. Welcome back 123_456!

I will also be in Les Menuires for a week from Saturday (15th)
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Welcome back always look forward to this thread
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
And another welcome back 123_456 snowHead
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Some minor sunny spells in the afternoon, but most of the day light to moderate snowfall.

121211_001

more pictures at : http://www.flickr.com/photos/123_456/sets/72157632225092450/
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Very Happy
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Fantastic dof there !

What camera are you using ?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@2planks see:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/123_456/8263947359/
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
123_456, Welcome back. Looking forward to your posts. Have a great season.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
123_456, beautiful photos as always Very Happy Welcome back snowHead
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Great to see you back again this year!

This is the first thread I look at every day from now till the end of the season.

Well, except the weeks I am in Les Menuires (22nd Dec and 9th Feb)

Maybe see you on the piste this year.
ski holidays
Thank you all for the welcome messages. Hope to see you all somewhere on the pistes.
snow conditions
123_456, Welcome back. This year I can just enjoy the pictures and try to locate the pistes I rode last year.
ski holidays
123_456, Welcome back!
snow conditions
UFO in the sky above the Belleville Valley

121212_049
snow conditions
123_456, great to see you back, I love looking at your beautiful photos, even though I'm not going to LM!
snow report
123_456, wow!
snow conditions
Wednesday, 12-12-12

A beautiful sunny day, nice snow and hardly nobody on the pistes

see more pictures at : http://www.flickr.com/photos/123_456/sets/72157632234236798/

121212_007
snow report
The morning started all grey with flat light and strong winds at the tops. During the afternoon some faint sunshine and less wind. The temperature with up with several degrees and around freezing point at 2000 meter. Snow and piste conditions are very good.

121213_019
snow report
Question is: will you get bored with me posting every day with 'Oh, what a beautiful photo!' ?
snow report
@pedantica: do what you want to do and express yourself about beautiful and less beautiful photos once a day, but no silly questions like "what camera are you using".
ski holidays
123_456, no silly questions, I promise! wink
ski holidays
A mixed day with flat light, strong gusty wind and in the afternoon a partially open sky. The strong crosswind was sometimes too strong for the TC Bruyeres and have to be stopped several times. At the end of the day to temperature rose several degrees and it gave the feeling of springtime.

121214_015
snow report
123_456, lovely shots as always........... I promise not to ask what kind of camera you're using - I think it's a Lumix TZ7. Laughing
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rogg, no, you have to add 13 and if your arithmetic is not so good, then click on the photo and look at the right side
ski holidays
A poor day with nearly the whole day light snowfall and bad visibility. Between 5-10 cm of fresh snow and below 1750 meter rain.

121215_009
snow conditions
123_456, glad we got that out of the way early season. Now we can just sit back and enjoy the quality shots.
snow report
More skiers today on the piste and most of the lifts are open now. Light snowfall during the morning and in the afternoon some sunshine. Fast moving big clouds and sunshine made the sights on the mountains very spectacular from time to time.

121216_027
snow report
During most of the day light to moderate snowfall. Temperature just below zero and no wind. Despite the low visibility skiing was a pleasure in the fresh topping of 10-20 cm powder.

121217_019
latest report
Evocative photo snowHead
ski holidays
Again a day with light and sometimes moderate snowfall. It seems there will come no end to this daily happening. There was more wind and the temperature was lower. No busy time for the terraces.

121218_003
ski holidays
123_456,

Ace pics as usual. If you don't mind me asking, do you have some kind of very clever tricks up your sleeve to make them so vibrant? Often they are taken in very mushy ,flat and bland light and they still look crisp and bright . Great work. My photos usually look like a 5 year old have taken them Crying or Very sad

Will be in VT on Saturday, can't wait.
ski holidays
Miracles can happen: no snowfall in the last 24 hours and sunshine the whole day. Just like Wednesday a week ago it was a perfect day. For us a day for skiing in the fresh snow on the empty pistes in Mottaret and Méribel and for others digging out cars and removing excessive snow from the roads and the parking places.

121219_003
ski holidays
sequoiaboard, I am sorry but there are hardly simple tricks to improve your photos. The only one that always works under flat light conditions is to take your photo in the direction of the light. With software programs like Photoshop, Lightroom, Snapseed you can improve your photos.
latest report
sequoiaboard, have a great time in VT and please leave the rain in GB.
snow report
123_456, that's gorgeous - I love the single splash of colour on the wheel.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy