Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Another what ski to by question??

Poster: A snowHead
I'm looking to invest in a new pair of skis, i'm 5'11'' (180cm) weigh about 70kg, advanced skier. Spend most of time on piste, occasional off piste so thinking a frontside ski would suit or an all mountain.

Think i've narrowed down my choices to:

Head supershape titan
K2 charger
Salomon Enduro
Fishler progressor 1000
Volkl RTM 84

Has anyone got any thoughts on these? or any other ideas?

Also what length ski would be best?

Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
buy?

I'm getting confused, I can understand when skiers with limited experience ask us trolls for our usually less than succinct thoughts but why should an 'advanced' skier?

Just get your backside into a fridge or on the hill and make your mind up for yourself by trying them. If you are an advanced skier and we've no reason to think otherwise, what conceivable outcome can be achieved by our two pence worth of muddy water?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
mmotty, Defo 178 cms. Highly recommend Nordica Speedmachine Mach 2 Power beats your narrowed down choices. Great choice for a tall lighterweight advanced skier - perfect in fact.

Oh........................ forgot to mention there's a pair for sale in the "Buy, Sell, Exchanged, Classified Section". snowHead
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Masque wrote:
buy?

I'm getting confused, I can understand when skiers with limited experience ask us trolls for our usually less than succinct thoughts but why should an 'advanced' skier?

Just get your backside into a fridge or on the hill and make your mind up for yourself by trying them. If you are an advanced skier and we've no reason to think otherwise, what conceivable outcome can be achieved by our two pence worth of muddy water?

This.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Was only asking if people had any views on the list of skis i have put, don't think theres any harm in that no matter what experience you have!!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
skimastaaah, emm... suites you sir! Lol!

mmotty, I would say buy the Enduro but you've not specified which model? Shocked

As for length anything from 170 to middle 180s again depending on ski!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Never go wrong buying Volkl...
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
mmotty, I'm getting the Enduro XT800 heard nothing but good news about them. If you do choose the Enduro you need to go slightly longer than usual due to the rocker.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The other thing to think about is...a ski that feels amazing, full of energy in a 170 mtr dome... blah blah...can kill you all day on the mountain!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
skimastaaah wrote:
mmotty, Defo 178 cms. Highly recommend Nordica Speedmachine Mach 2 Power beats your narrowed down choices. Great choice for a tall lighterweight advanced skier - perfect in fact.

Oh........................ forgot to mention there's a pair for sale in the "Buy, Sell, Exchanged, Classified Section". snowHead

This ski appears to be perfect for everyone, when it really is so good I just don't understand why you are selling it.

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=94229&highlight=
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Skiing's a great sport and easy to get passionate about. Particularly with the rapid and gratifying progress on the early part of the learning curve when we can see clear blue water between us and the once a year holiday skiers it is all to easy to think of ourselves as advanced. I've not skied many years compared to some Snowheads; although I'm pleased to have progressed really well (piste, off-piste, ski touring etc) I now know enough to realise how un-advanced I am. The quote in your OP of not knowing waht length of ski to buy, and that you ski mainly on piste suggests that you would be much better of renting a large range of ski types and size and spending your ski budget on lessons instead (especially off piste Toofy Grin ) to become a better skier, then you can invest im something that will last you rather than out-growing a rash purchase now.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
mmotty, Sorry, not trying to piddle on your BBQ, but (that's a horrible intro to BS) if you're at a good level to evaluate skis for purchase then the last thing you need is a wilderness of wazzock waffle to wade through . . . it's all going to be subjective sh**e that'll do nothing but corrupt your own thought processes . . . go and slide on your choices and make your own objective comparison . . .

. . . at least then you won't stalk, hunt down and geld the snowHead that talked you into buying summat you hate for buying . . . however, whatever Whitegold suggests you buy . . . go for it Twisted Evil
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
mmotty,

I don't think you have a bad ski in your list. I haven't seen you ski and people have very different opinions on ski levels. Is there any way you could try demo them? Have you googled the ski names to see what other people think (ski tests can also be biased by advertising revenue).
e.g. (read comments below review)
http://theskimonster.com/blog/posts/volkl-rtm-84-ski-review/

To be honest we are just a bunch of internet ski nerds, our opinions are often biased by what we ski or what we are trying to get rid of in the Buy/Sell section. It's like trying to pick out an ice cream flavour for you - only you will know what you like. (e.g. People of the same height, weight and ability rating ski on different length skis).

I'm a bit of a ski junky and even I'm not too sure what length I should go for. Some manufacturers size their skis differently and all these new developments with rocker, early riser etc don't make it any easier either. I'm planning to try a ski in different lengths and in different conditions on the same day to work it out for myself. We might be able to help you by saying "that's a good ski" or "you should be looking at 170-180cm lengths" but only you will know what really tastes better.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
mmotty, following on from DB, I was near 115kg @5'8 and my absolute favorite ski was the Atomic SX10Ti . . . 160 a wee little stiffie of delight and it gave me one, 4 years later I still regret selling them. You have to decide for yourself what gives you that inner thrill. My next skis will be longer than 2.6m, it's down to my choice about what I want to do and not wot a bunch of interweirdies are going to laugh at . . . and they are going to piѕѕ themselves when I get there . . . and not for the first time rolling eyes
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Masque wrote:
mmotty, following on from DB, I was near 115kg @5'8 and my absolute favorite ski was the Atomic SX10Ti . . . 160 a wee little stiffie of delight and it gave me one, 4 years later I still regret selling them. You have to decide for yourself what gives you that inner thrill. My next skis will be longer than 2.6m, it's down to my choice about what I want to do and not wot a bunch of interweirdies are going to laugh at . . . and they are going to piѕѕ themselves when I get there . . . and not for the first time rolling eyes
Masque, You taking up ski jumping then?! Good luck with those! wink
ski holidays
I can't believe Masque just admitted it's been four years since he last had a stiffie. wink
ski holidays
DB, I got several others.

Maybe you only got one "do-everything-thingy".............. now that's wee wee poor!!!!!!! Laughing
latest report
gatecrasher, I'm going old school for next season, the whole season. wood skis, leather, silk, wool etc. Let's find out just how far we've progressed.

DB, there are alternatives to skis and they usually don't have sharp edges Shocked
snow report
Masque, Nice....! Cool
latest report
Masque,
I take it the inspiration for all this old school stuff came from seeing Goldsmith's current ski setup. wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy