Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

PAMPOROVO END JAN BEG FEB 2012 - SNOW?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,
I'm a newbie on here so not sure what I'm doing yet - please bear with me!!

Looking at Pamporovo Bulgaria at end Jan - does anyone know if the snow conditions are usually ok then?

Please don't suggest better places as my budget is only 1700 all in for 2 adults and a child and I can't find anywhere as cheap as Bulgaria. Have been to Pamporovo before but was in March. Have not tried Bansko or Borovets. Liked the long runs in Pamps and husband and son are just beginner/low intermediate.

Any help greatly appreciated. Razz
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We took our fist ski holidays in Pamporovo and have some fond memories of the place, we have had the best ski instruction there, and we have since taken lessons in France and Italy which we felt were substandard in comparison. The Stoikite run at the back of the mountain is really lovely, a long and tree lined blue as good as anywhere.
We normally went half term, second week in February, and have had mixed conditions, sometimes excellent, other times just about skiable, but they have invested in lots of snow making equipment recently, apparently the Prime Ministers wife likes the place so much she has taken it on a a project, so as long as temperatures are not too high it should be ok.
They do have snow at the moment, so conditions are looking good, and last season we knew people who went and said the snow was awesome.

http://www.bulgariaski.com/webcam.php?resort=pamporovo
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
HOLLIESAM, my Bulgarian colleague says Pamporovo is by far the nicest and best of their resorts.

They've had some snow already (she tells me) and so I think this year you should be OK (at least) at the end of Jan
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
End of Jan/beg Feb is about as reliable as it gets. As beg/low intermediates you'll have enough to have fun on.
While I'm in no rush to go back to Bulgaria I would if budget meant that or nothing. I had my first 3 hols learning in Borovets/pamporovo they were happy times. When there is good snow and not too many crowds then its a great experience. Pamporovo with a young child is better IMO than Borovets, less seedy and the kids seemed really looked after and happy in the ski school. There was an older lady teacher with pink hair who seemed very popular with the kids. I think her name was Val? Very Happy
Have fun!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bartezki,

I'll second that re the instruction. First 2 family ski holiday was at Pamporovo, we had an instructor called George, he was excellent, far better than any instruction we have had since in France.

Have fond memories of the place, however in no rush to go back, its just not big enough now. HOLLIESAM, despite what others may say on here it will be fine for your circumstances.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks guys, much appreciated. We can't afford a summer holiday as well so want it to be a goodun and there's not much to do if there's no snow!! Puzzled
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi Holliesam

Im afarid I cant really comment on Pamporovo as I havent been there for quite a few years. I live in Bansko, the snow here is already really good with more forecast this week. The end of January is a great time, usually not too busy. Bansko is a town rather than a purpose built ski resort so should you wish to take time off the slopes you can still find other things to do.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy