Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Meribel or Tignes for prexmas ski 12th dec - 19 dec

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Have an unexpected opportunity to ski 12th dec to 19th dec and have been offered chalets in Tignes and Meribel. To help decide which - does anyone have any feedback on whether the 3V links are likely to be open. Any other thoughts for / against each appreciated. Cheers
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
lowood, It'll all be open in both locations - there's been a huge amount of snow in France.

Some places in Meribel are a schlep from the lifts, while Tignes is soulless and ugly - your 'chalet' there will be a flat I reckon.

Skiing is excellent in both places so make sure you take one or other of these opportunities. Smile
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Both outstanding resorts, with super snow at the moment. Meribel would be better if the weather closes in as its got some trees. Tignes if the temperature gets warm as its higher.

Personally I prefer Tignes but off to Courcheval on the 16th
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Tignes! No discussion
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

Tignes! No discussion

+1
If you post the name of your chalet in Tignes I willl (probably) able to tell you about it. There are dozens of freestanding chalet/chalet hotels in Tignes, very few operate out of flats now (though there are some luxury ones that do).
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
patricksh wrote:
Tignes! No discussion

+2
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Tignes is a proper town. Meribel isn't. Meribel accomm is probably going to be closer to the slopes, but my main gripe with the place is the fact that because it's the one in the middle, it becomes a bottleneck for the courcheval lot heading one way and the val thorens / les menuires lot heading the other, combined with the meribel lot doing their thing. The slopes seem to get scraped by boarders quicker than nearly anywhere else I've skiied.

I've not stayed in Meribel - just passed through it a lot! Tignes I have stayed in - it's a big town, some cracking skiing there although fairly pricey viz drinks and food. Despite this, I'm still more likely to go to Tignes than Meribel.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for all the feedback. Plumped for Tignes in the end. BTW - there is a good explanation on Merinet of which lifts are open in Meribel / 3V mid week pre 15th December.

Cheers
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
wadgebeast wrote:
Tignes is a proper town. Meribel isn't.

Here we go, more Meribel bashing from someone who knows nothing about the place:
wadgebeast wrote:
I've not stayed in Meribel - just passed through it a lot!

Last time I looked (on French Wikipedia) they were both communes of the Savoie but Meribel has an indiginous population of 2,500 over 85 km2 compared to Tignes' 2,100 over 81 km2.

Meribel has hotels, bars, restaurants, two nightclubs, buses, churches, petrol station, garages, several medical centres and pharmacies, several banks, supermarkets, estate agents, a tourist office, cinema, conference centre, municipal swimming pool, bowling alley, ice hockey rink (and team), primary school, library, museum, twice weekly market, altiport, 18 hole golf course and probably more still that I've forgotten.

Neither of them are towns in comparison to Moutiers or Bourg St Maurice but I'd love to know what the definition of a 'proper' ski town is if Meribel isn't one.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Raceplate, PREACH!!!!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Mac22, I start my job with the office de tourisme next week wink
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Tignes is easier to navigate around assuming you're central. Meribel is difficult at best, though hardly taxing.

Chamonix is the only 'proper' ski town I've ever been too, the the concept is ridiculous really. Where does 'proper' begin?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy