Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best Bag for Ski Hols

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
As my last thread was so helpful I thought id ask about this one too, although less expertise required.

Any good bags, preference to the lower priced ones, I dont like spenidng money on a bag!

Dakine Roller seems popular - standard choice?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Actually, I'm in the market for one - the S&R offering wasn't great and looked pricey.

After a ski bag with boot compartment, wheels and pull-out handle.

Prefer not over £100 and less would certainly be good.

90 litres OK for standard ski hol gear?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
After struggling to jam everything into hardshell Samsonite luggage for our last trip (whilst our chums with two huge, soft, wheely North Face bags managed fine), we're trying soft bags this year.

Accordingly, have just ordered an Eastpak Expedite 80 for just over £100. Has a pull out handle, wheels, 101L capacity...also, quoted weight of 3.6kg is substantially lighter (in terms of kgs per litre contained) than the equivalent North Face bag (the 120L, 5.2kg Rolling Thunder).

http://www.eastpak.com/uk-en/expedite-80-black.html

Will let you know what it's like when it arrives!

chemistry
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Get one of the big Mountain Equipment duffle style bags Cotswold Outdoor have on perpetual sale. Loads of room and weighs next to nothing, perfect for flying.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've got an 'Animal' split luggage roller. Basically the same as the Dakine luggage roller. I find it really good because of the way it splits open into 2 seperate compartments. It makes packing and searching for things so much easier.

I made the mistake of buying the large 100-120 litre bag. It's great if you have a luggage weight allowance of 30kg, but when you can only pack in 20kgs with most airlines, it's kind of roomy!

I'd go for a 80 litre split luggage roller. Any descent make. I've seen North Face do them now.. And a separate boot/helmet bag as hand luggage.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I got a couple of "ful" rolling bags off eBay £40 each, lower compartment for boots etc, absolutely bomb proof and one child goes free! wink
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've got an Antler roller bag which has a lower compartment where I put boots and other hardware. Upper part also has a large zip up puch for separating dirty clothes from clean. Bought at Cheshire Oaks outlet village a couple of years ago bit like this one http://www.antler.co.uk/casual-bags/trolley-holdalls?p=1.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The Eastpak has arrived...

The good:

Seems very well made and sturdy, but still very light. Good strong zips and stitching, etc. Access seems easy enough via the main opening. Wheels roll nicely and pop up handle is easy to use. Compression straps a nice feature.

The bad:

Smaller than I was expecting; tag on it claims 110L capacity (but strangely the Eastpak website say 101L - a typo?) but it still seems quite little. Maybe it will fill out when packed...we'll see.

chemistry
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Smaller will probably be better, I assure you. Otherwise you fill the thing up and it weighs 28-30kgs! Then when you take it down to 20kg it'll look half packed - like all floppy and miserable.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Got a good deal on a couple of S & R 90l bags at the weekend - £56 each.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I've got one of those £10 dunlop suitcases from Sports Direct - still going strong in it's 3rd year Toofy Grin
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Got an Eastpack wheely bag too. Similar to above, rather robust in the zip department and the wheels are "substantial". Still going strong after 10 years. Been used for ski trips, and camping trips, on numerous flights. Also thought it might be a bit small but when filled there's more than enough space (eg. ski jacket just gets thrown in, not packed neatly, and there's still loads of space). If I fill it to 23kg, it's only 2/3rd full (but might be a 120l one - not sure)

Only time is *was* too small, was trying to bring back an object from US in a poster tube, that could have been deemed to be an offensive weapon, but they let us take it as bonus hand baggage. Bag was about 2inches too short.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy