Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best Ski Resorts

Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I am trying to establish a top of the best ski resorts www.squidoo.com/8-best-ski-resorts-in-the-world. I would appreciate your help. It includes 8 resorts. There is a poll, where you can vote. You can also suggest me some other resorts if you think they should be included.

Thanks.
Mihaela
[/url]
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
PDS is fantastic - on piste I'd much rather ski there than in Chamonix...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I think Selva should be on the list in my books.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
NickyJ wrote:
I think Selva should be on the list in my books.

+1, no thinking required. Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hey dude... Your article might be a bit misleading... Is this a list of the 8 'most popular resorts' or the 8 'best ski resorts'... The reason I say this is because Chamonix might be one of the most popular but it certainly is not one of the best... Smile

Chamonix is a great winter playground for folk that can handle themselves on and off piste, and want to push themselves on some awesome terrain... but as a resort I think it falls well short of what 'a lot' of folk want from a holiday...

The place has plenty of positives but some negatives are here IMO...

It is 'very' spread out so its not ideal for mixed ability groups.
The town has several 'small (ish)' ski areas so not massive by any stretch
Its a full on town so there is no real authentic 'chocolate box' village appeal. Fantastic views but pretty uninspiring town as far as that alpine village feel goes...
You cannot ski into the town, so the on-piste accommodation is non-existent
At 1000m it is relatively low, for a ski station (not the ski areas) Smile

Don't get me wrong... I love Chamonix, but I would never put it in the top 8 best resorts in the world IMO of course Smile

The whole of the PDS has more draw for me, as does the Gramd Massif area... You have Courchevel in your list, but what makes this a great place, over la Tania, or Meribel... In fact I think your list should be the top 8 bank busters in the world Smile Kidding !!!!!!!!

I am just trying to say I don't really understand your criteria for this list...? Smile
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Vail
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Is it already that time of year where all the poorly thought out surveys arrive?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
AlpineAddict, spot on...
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The world's 8 best resorts for tough, extensive, liftserved, on-offpiste skiing are Chamonix, Verbier, St Anton, Jackson Hole, Whistler, Val d'Isere, Courchevel and Zermatt.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Mr Piehole, funny. And accurate. All of the depth of a parking lot puddle.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
This is usually a list for younger skiers. I used to love them 20 years ago. As you get older your ideas of a perfect resort change. I still have acopy of teh Good Ski Guide 1997 which gave a kind of list with stars in for about twenty categories ranging from off piste to cuisine. We totted then all up and the resort that came out of top, by quite a way was Whistler. So the next year we went to Whistler. The things that made it so much better than anything we'd skied in Europe was the total lack of queues. Europe has coem on since then with many high speed quads and six seater chairs blitzing the bottel necks. I've been lucky enough to ski many resorts around the world and have often bumped in to people in the indusrty who seem to have skied almost everywhere.

Here are some of the answers i've been given, by various folk -in no particular order:

Heavenly (USA)
Risoul (France)
Vail (USA)
Cortina (Italy)
Zermat (Switzerland)

It all depends what you want.

For extremers it seems to be Jackson Hole or La Grave
For romantics Zermat
For those who only talk skiing Vald'sere
For older folks anywhere in Austria - excpet St Anton whihch is antoher Val s'dere
I've you want scenery -Pretty much anywhere in the Dolomites

If I was 18 I'd got to Jackson hole and jump off cliffs
If I was 25 I'd go to St Anton with my mates
If I was 30 I'd go to Valdisere before my kids arrived
If I was 35 I'd go to Risoul with my toddlers (I did)
At forty I took my kids to corvara.
My kids and wife don't really like skiing. Anyone fancy jioing me in La Grave to jump off some cliffs in 2013?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Think the best resort is for the longest queue since Whistler/Backcomb gone into the top.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
mihaelaschwartz wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to establish a top of the best ski resorts

Not very original. It's been done a million times and is totally pointless. Please don't bother.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
mihaelaschwartz wrote:
Hi,

Not very original. It's been done a million times and is totally pointless. Please don't bother.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
uktrailmonster, you're right, these things do get repetitive....
snow conditions
Quote:

The discussion in every bar in every ski resort, every evening. And I cannot even come up with the same list two evenings in succession. Its a lot of fun but fairly pointless. Just like the worst ones we have ever been to
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy