Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

chemmy - plled out of the combined

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
chemmy just tweeted that she is not starting the slalom for todays combined. want to rest the leg for the speed events she says.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
She wasn't in top thirty so would not get start anyway, poor run in SG
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cynic, those outside the top 30 after speed bit do get to start in combined, top 30 are reversed then the rest go afterwards.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
vivski, I forgot the rut hoppers consolation, at least Vonn looked as poorly prepared, Maze deserved to win, on Stocklis!!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I watched Chemmy's run and her skiing didn't look like it was riddled with mistakes. Looked like her skis weren't running at all.
I'd love to know how much slower the GB's Racers skis are compared to the likes of Vonn and Maze.
How much slower would Vonn be on Chemmy's skis?
Is the time more than a second down to tuning and waxing? Anyone know?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
She put this on her facebook page this afternoon.......

Comeback's are tough. Lake Louise top 30 was fabulous but at the same time it blew my expectations out of the water. I thought that I could be in there every race. I am trying my hardest but with 2 years out I am rusty and there will be huge highs and lows. Today didn't happen for me - with the flat light I tried to attack but ended up feeling awkward - I will learn from this and go on and improve. I must be patient and not forget all the trials and tribulations i have gone through just to be in the start gate. I promised myself that I wouldn't let skiing make me cry after I came back - well it did today - But it is not a bad thing - it is good to be sad, angry and frustrated because it shows I care and want more from myself.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/TEAM-CHEMMY/119779448068304?ref=stream
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
almost all the time difference is the result of athletic timing (i.e. when you make the movements, etc - which is a combination of strength, fitness, reflexes, mental preparation, etc), not tuning/waxing/type of skis etc

so much as I like and support Chemmy, if she and Vonn swapped skis, Chemmy would still lose 9/10 times.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
boardiac wrote:
almost all the time difference is the result of athletic timing (i.e. when you make the movements, etc - which is a combination of strength, fitness, reflexes, mental preparation, etc), not tuning/waxing/type of skis etc

so much as I like and support Chemmy, if she and Vonn swapped skis, Chemmy would still lose 9/10 times.

I take that on board, so if Vonn was to time herself on her skis and then on Chemmy's what would be the time difference?

I'm aware the top racers get the pick of the skis and the best technicians... And I would imagine Chemmy as an Atomic sponsered racer would be lower down the pecking order and i'm not sure whether she tunes her own skis.

As a side note, I worked with one of the Canadian Coaches last season. He told me that the top racers were using a powder on their skis that wore off after about 200m's but would gain you .5 of a second over others that were not using it. Each time you used the powder, it cost approx $50.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

As a side note, I worked with one of the Canadian Coaches last season. He told me that the top racers were using a powder on their skis that wore off after about 200m's but would gain you .5 of a second over others that were not using it. Each time you used the powder, it cost approx $50.

I think this is partly why Laura Gut was so cross that she got stopped midway at LL. She had blown that inital wax to get her through the top bit and had no time to re-wax

When we saw Chemmy at LL there was some sort of low key support team. She was carrying her skis through the exit tunnel but two guys came up and one told the other to take Chemmy's skis and to wait a bit and bring Larissas too.

function openAllSmiles(){
smiles = window.open('quick_reply.php?mode=smilies', '_phpbbsmilies', 'HEIGHT=300,resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes,WIDTH=250');
smiles.focus();
return false;
}

function quoteSelection() {

theSelection = false;
if (window.getSelection) {
theSelection = window.getSelection().toString();
}
else if (document.selection) {
theSelection = document.selection.createRange().text;
}

if (theSelection) {
// Add tags around selection
emoticon( '
Quote:
\n' + theSelection + '\n
\n');
document.post.message.focus();
theSelection = '';
return;
}else{
alert('Select a text anywhere on a page and try again');
}
}

function storeCaret(textEl) {
if (textEl.createTextRange) textEl.caretPos = document.selection.createRange().duplicate();
}

function emoticon(text) {
if (document.post.message.createTextRange && document.post.message.caretPos) {
var caretPos = document.post.message.caretPos;
caretPos.text = caretPos.text.charAt(caretPos.text.length - 1) == ' ' ? text + ' ' : text;
} else {
document.post.message.value += text;
}
}

function checkForm() {
formErrors = false;
if (document.post.message.value.length < 2) {
formErrors = 'You might want to enter a message when posting.';
}
if (formErrors) {
alert(formErrors);
return false;
} else {
if (document.post.quick_quote.checked) {
document.post.message.value = document.post.last_msg.value + document.post.message.value;
}
document.post.quick_quote.checked = false;
return true;
}
}

snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
gryphea, Blimey...is that some Canadian code i should know? Laughing

Perhaps Chemmy uses the same Techs as the Canadian team then. She trains with them and uses a coach with them i believe.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ski speed has always been a feature, Bell had a very quick pair finished very high, broke them never seen again. But same in all sports, cars, boats, skis you also need the highly paid techs to prepare them, Vonn and Shreddies man supposed to be on a win and points bonus.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
spud,

Really not sure how that happened!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Vonn looked like crashing out of the slalom and soon did. I gather she has done that (almost?) every time this season. (?)
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
snowball, Yep, so now evicted from my Fantasy Ski Racer slalom team!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
snowball, Vonn and Miller lost slalom form with Head, might be a certain way to ski them that doesn't suit.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy