Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ben's Bus - Grenoble to Bourg St Maurice

Poster: A snowHead
I am thinking of using this company for a return transfer from Grenoble Airport to Bourg St Maurice in February.

Any feedback on the service from snowHead s that have used it would be very welcome.

TIA
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We used ben's bus for a transfer from Geneva to to 3 valleys. Very good service - on time , but they don't stop for long at the pick ups so if your late you will miss your ride ! Our coach was full, so if you have family traveling you may not find seats together .
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Most reliable I have found to date is www.ski4funtransfers.co.uk and they do a discount for snowHeads.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
They are a good company and great value. Smile They get quite busy so book it soon.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
They're fine, nothing to write home about but cheap and do the job. They would have earned our goodwill if, when our plane landed early, they had allowed us on the almost empty bus sitting outside Grenoble airport which was going to our destination. No, the British bus rep said, you'll have to wait the 90 mins for your scheduled one. Thus preventing an eagerly anticipated late afternoon ski Sad

The large coach from the airport usually decants passengers to smaller buses nearer to the destination. Our return driver of said small bus drove like a maniac down the 27 hairpin bends from Alpe d'Huez. It was 6am so he can't have been drunk but, put it this way, I think he'd had a few the night before.

Anyway moan, moan, they are the cheapest option on a number of routes. Be aware that they are not a door to door option so you will probably have to make your way to a meeting point in your resort for collection.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Boredsurfing wrote:
Most reliable I have found to date is www.ski4funtransfers.co.uk and they do a discount for snowHeads.

Unfortunately there is no Snowheads discount on a Saturday according to their website Sad
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Great service from Bens Bus whenever me and the kids have used them.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for all the replies.

Do any of you know roughly how many stops the bus will make before getting to Bourg St Maurice? Or is this the main stop for off-loading to mini buses that head up to the actual resort areas?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I would be guessing that they would stop in Moutiers for anyone going to the 3 valleys and then in Aime for La Plagne. That should be it. Feel free to have a look on our shared transfers forum CP for alternatives. http://www.findtransfers.com/shared_transfers.asp Smile
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I used bens bus to go to ValT last year.

Bus left really late which was a bit annoying.
Stopped at Moutiers, St Martin de B, Les Menuires & then Val T. We were the group who stayed on the bus at the change in Moutiers although not sure if that varies with how many people are booked to each destination.
Bus was totally on time on the way home.
Bit annoying they wouldn't; do a pick up / drop off at the UCPA which is miles (down hill) our of town when about half the bus was UCPA people anyway.

Overall totally fine tho and quite cheap.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Just got back, despite waiting for Ben's Bus for an hour and a half past it's scheduled departure time from Bourg St Maurice this morning. Had to beg a big favour from a friend in Villaroger to take us to Grenoble or we would have missed our flight!

The transfer last Saturday was also late leaving Grenoble but only by 45 minutes.

I will not be using them again!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

despite waiting for Ben's Bus for an hour and a half past it's scheduled departure time from Bourg St Maurice this morning

Shocked that's awful. Had you booked with them? Will they give you a refund, at least?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Oh dear!

I booked a transfer with them from Grenoble to L2A a few weeks ago and was very impressed with both the staff and the service. On the outward trip the rep paid special attention to a few passengers with hearing difficulties to ensure that they were made aware when they reached the correct stop. On the return journey the rep called the one person who hadn't made it to the stop at the correct time and made arrangements to go and get him (the person in question had gone to the wrong stop). On both trips the list of passengers was checked and double checked. It sounds as though that process failed for you.

I e-mailed the company when I got back to let them know that the check-in and security at Grenoble had been horrendous (I only just made my flight). I received a reply within 2 hours (on a Saturday).

I hope you get as speedy a response to your complaint. Good luck.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
That's a relief..... I'm going with them next Saturday. Price was good.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
CP, I think you are being a bit harsh given the conditions this morning, perhaps you should sleep on it before going nuclear. I do not know where your bus originated but for instance the 0735 Autocars Martin (which links into the Altibus system) from Tignes left at 0915 (too late for some Eurostar passengers from Bourg). Because of the harsh and slightly unusual conditions there was a lot of slips onto the roads (some caused by last nights rain (it was raining in Val at 2230 last night). A friend of mine had a private transfer with Snowstar and the boss brought the departure forward by 90 mins and all was well - unfortunately you can't do that with 50 people on a bus.

Some days the mountains don't work to schedules - it's not the Costa Del Sol
snow conditions
chocksaway, Not planning to go nuclear, I was just posting my experience to act as a warning about the possible risks of using this type of transfer service.

I understood the weather conditions had caused some problems. I spoke 4 times to the emergency line for Ben's Bus. The only issue I had was being told by the chap on the phone that he had spoken to the driver ( this was about an hour past the scheduled departure time ) that the coach was just outside Bourg St Maurice and would be with us shortly. half an hour later it still had not arrived, so clearly the information given by the driver was over optimistic.

If I wanted to have a real bitch about the journey I could write volumes on the amateur management of passengers at Grenoble Airport
snowHead
ski holidays
CP, "If I wanted to have a real bitch about the journey I could write volumes on the amateur management of passengers at Grenoble Airport"

You are right, but to be fair to the airport they have to ramp up from pretty well zero flights April to December then suddenly 30 ? 40 ? I have no idea how many, on a Saturday and Sunday December to April. Consequently the whole place is runs on part time workers / students. No excuse for some of the weird "management" ideas they have though !
It probably does not help you but the biggest issue seems to be processing baggage and because we are fortunate enough not to need that "service" we escape the chaos at that end.
Having said all that reading some of the posts on here about Geneva airport with all it's Swiss efficiency Toofy Grin maybe it's not so bad.
Bit of a poor experience that with the bus, not really what you want at the end of your holiday Sad
ski holidays
CP, can't beat queuing for passport control in the open air.... snowing, -4c Evil or Very Mad
latest report
It was very bad conditions during the day and night though.
snow report
Another great advert for self drive Very Happy
snow conditions
Quote:

Another great advert for self drive

Yes, you still get held up when conditions are bad, but you don't need to stress about missing flights.
ski holidays
After my most recent experience I'll consider booking on earlier transfers for the return journey in future. Nearly missing a flight because Easyjet and Grenoble hadn't increased staff levels sufficiently to handle demand was not a pleasant experience.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy