Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Twin Tips Ski / Sizing Advice

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Guys,

First post here, so I hope you don't mind me diving right in to ask for some advice?

I'm looking to get some new ski's (have been hiring up until this point), mainly for on piste but also for arsing around on some free ride / smaller park sort of stuff as well as a bit of powder (If i'm lucky enough.) I'm looking at a pair of 2013 K2 Sights (Mainly because of my budget, which is around £350 all in for bindings as well.) I'd consider myself an advanced skier and so my question is, will I be happy with these skis? And also, I've been told I should go for the 179's to compensate for the lack of surface area due to the twin tips. I'm 5'10" and about 13 stone, and i do like skiing pretty aggressively.

I'd appreciate any thoughts / advice you guys have got! Will these ski's be stable enough for some fast carving, as well as a bit of 'edge of piste' skiing... Basically, i'm looking for one set of ski's that does it all pretty nicely (i know, i don't ask for too much do i ?)

Cheers All,

Sam
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Don't go shorter than 179 or you'll regret it! Look pretty good to me!! Toofy Grin
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy