Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Thuile 'local' lift pass

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We're off to La Thuile in January via Crystal Ski package.
With the package We get a local lift pass which covers only lifts in the La Thuile Area.
They've offered an upgrade to an area pass for £240pp which covers -
Quote:

from Crystal Ski
"all lifts in La Thuile and La Rosière plus 2 days in the other Val d'Aosta resorts (Courmayeur, Gressoney, Champoluc, Pila and Cervinia)"

We don't think We'll be taking themn up on this offer and may just buy a day pass as and when we feel up to it.

Does anyone have a link to a piste map that shows the area the local pass covers compared to the area pass.

TIA
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Tomsk, Either Crystal are wrong or you are. The 6 day La Thuile pass is €199 and gives you all of the below:

"all lifts in La Thuile and La Rosière plus 2 days in the other Val d'Aosta resorts (Courmayeur, Gressoney, Champoluc, Pila and Cervinia)"

You can buy an Aosta Valley pass that gives you everything in the whole of the Aosta Valley for 6 days and is €240. This is a needless expense imho as there is plenty of skiing in La Thuile and La Rosiere (Espace San Bernardo) and the local 6 day pass gives you 2 days in other resorts. If going to other resorts then stick to Pila or Cormayeur
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
That quote was from an email I got from Crystal when I asked about them about the area the local pass covered.

I was looking at lift pass prices for the area and I couldn't find anything that was just La Thuile.
When I learned how much lift passes for the Espace San Bernardo area cost I began to think the (CrystalSki) local lift pass is a rip off. The price they quoted for the 'upgrade' certainly sounds like a rip-off, especially if one considers that we've already paid for the 'local' pass.

On the assumption that most tour operators know only a little about the all the holiday destinations they must have to deal with, I'll defer to your knowledge on the matter.
If we do have some weird local pass that is very restrictive, we'll just buy day passes as required. We're not as young and fit as we used to be so we wouldn't need (or be able to ski) the whole ESB area for the whole week.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Tomsk,
http://www.lathuile.net/datapage.asp?id=224&l=3&s=I
Says all La Thuile passes cover the whole of Espace San Bernado

Great downloadable map on this page
http://www.lathuile.net/datapage.asp?id=84&l=3&s=I

I would contact them for clarification
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Tomsk, there is no rip-off. Crystal Ski+ includes a San Bernardo lift pass which covers La Thuile and La Rosière plus 2 days in other Vallée d'Aosta resorts. If you want a full unlimited Vallée d'Aosta area pass it costs €240 so you would need to pay the difference. If you're only going for a week it's really not worth it, there's plenty to keep you entertained in San Bernardo and maybe a day trip to Courmayeur or Pila would suit you.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The email I sent to CrystalSki

Quote:

My booking includes the Ski Plus package which has local lift pass and ski
hire.

What exactly is the area covered by the local lift pass?
I've tried searching on the internet but the information is too varied.
If the local lift pass is not sufficient, would it be possible to upgrade to
a larger area and how much might this cost?

This is the answer (unformatted, as I received it) from CrystalSki I got in reply when I asked them:

Quote:

The local lift pass will only cover lifts in La THuile the area lift pass coverage: Lift pass covers all lifts in La Thuile and La Rosière plus 2 days in the other Val d'Aosta resorts (Courmayeur, Gressoney, Champoluc, Pila and Cervinia).

You can see my confusion.
They imply the pass only covers La Thuile. No mention of La Rosiere or the ESB being included in the local pass.
Following this email I did some more searching and I could not find a pass that covered only La Thuile. I knew about the ESB area pass, but I wasn't sure if the ESB pass included the 2 days at Val D'Aosta. It was this that prompted me to seek snowhead knowledge on CrystalSki's local La Thuile only pass.

It would seem that CrystalSki call the ESB pass the local pass.

Thanks for clearing my mind about this.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Tomsk, Have a great time. Feel free to ask any questions, I love chatting about the area. What a ridiculously confusing email BTW
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
What cr@p communication! Lovely area, some great skiing, fantastic food available, best of both worlds with French and Italian cuisine, whats not to like? I'm sure you will have a great time.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It is a great area, shame it's missing an outstanding asset this year NehNeh
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Dwarf Vader, wink
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Tomsk, They really have let you down there with info. Frosty is spot on with info. You have all you need on the first pass. Worst case is you will go out for a single day and may have to buy a day pass if Crystal have done a special deal on a limited pass, but just do it locally.

Pila is worth a visit but chances are you will find so much to ski that you can not be bothered to go elsewhere. Why spend time traveling when you could be skiing? You do not say how you are travelling but if you have a car and want to go to Pila you can leave the car in the free Aosta car park and go up on Gondola (will be on the pass too). Only hassle is the Gondola stops quite early so don't get caught in the Apres and miss it back down Shocked I think local taxis make a good living from people who do.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Just to add to this, we are off to La Thuile in Feb with the same ski + crystal package - lift pass is def the whole San Bernado Smile
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I live in the area and have a regional pass, but if you wanted to taste a couple of other resorts on your available two days Courmayeur and Pila are reachable by the local bus service. When I first holidayed in the area I was staying at Courmayeur but skied Pila and LT using this method. If you do get caught up at Pila there's a bus to Aosta as well: currently the gondola runs until 5 (but if you're there in time they won't close it.) I presume the bus services are all run by SAVDA; bit late to search timetables now.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
went last year with crystal did the ski+ as well the lift pass covers as said la thuile and la rossiere, to be honest we didnt have time/inclination to bother schleping to another resort as there was plenty to do in La T and La R, so dont panic > Cool
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
It's gets better. Got this reply from CrystalSki.

CrystalSki wrote:

I can confirm the information below on the lift passes:

The lift pass included is in fact the area pass that covers all lifts in La Thuile/La Rosiere and 2 days in the other Aosta resorts.

There is no option to upgrade with us as that is the only lift pass we offer as you have booked the Crystal Ski +.

Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy