Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dakine 11L Rucksack

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey,

Any fellow snowHead got, or ever used a Dakine 11L Heli rucksack? Looking at getting one. My main requirements are for a small rucksack that will fit my laptop in during transfers and looong coach trips (i'm repping this year for a number of weeks) but more importantly will sit nicely for a whole day on the slopes, with water, snack and extra layer in it, and carry skis with ease. It seems to fit the bill, but wanted to see if anyone out there has had it fall apart on them, or have any better options for around the £50 mark.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dakine-W-8100700-Heli-Pack/dp/B006O00JY2/ref=sr_1_10?s=sports&ie=UTF8&qid=1354660658&sr=1-10&tag=amz07b-21

Thanks!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bought one of these in black last season, very useful little bag.

The inside sleeve is very useful to keep documents in (its where all my passport/tickets/etc go when travelling), and it also has a goggle pocket lined with very soft to the touch fabric.

I just tried putting my laptop in it (15.4") and it fits fine albeit a snug fit, it slightly deforms the shape of the back so doubt it will sit very naturally on your back with a laptop in.

Will easily fit food water and a fleece in there no problem and although I never tried carrying my skis on it, it has all the equipment for the job.

I'd happily recommend this bag. Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
dorsetboy, it's slightly bigger brother the Baker is currently for sale in the Buy/Sell section of the forum - £40.

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=94217

I've used various Dakine bits for years and would happily do so again.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
dorsetboy, Bought one last year. It is very well build, seems like will last for long.
Nice and slim.

Have some straps and features that one might not use at all, but I guess you can cut some of unnecessary straps if they will bother you.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Got mine 2 weeks ago off eBay, £40 brand new! It's a cracking bag, great build quality and exactly the right size for a day pack! Buy it!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
dorsetboy, not convinced it will be big enough to comfortably hold a laptop, though. The pack is quite narrow...
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Good bit of kit. Was slightly too small for me so upgraded to the baker, which I've used almost every day all year round (gym kit, laptop etc) and it's completely bomb-proof.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Richard_Sideways wrote:
dorsetboy, it's slightly bigger brother the Baker is currently for sale in the Buy/Sell section of the forum - £40.

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=94217

I've used various Dakine bits for years and would happily do so again.

The user trying to sell it PM'd me. I was at work, and its gone by the time i'm home! But thanks for pointing it out. Damn work...

I'll probably go ahead and get the 11L one, especilliay as people have said it will take a 15 inch laptop, i only have 13in so should be fine. More important is how it goes on the hill.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
God i love this site. snowHead are awesome. Just got it from the guy advertising it in the other forum. Just relying on the good ol' Royal Mail to get it here before next Thursday and i'll be happy.

Thanks all. Very Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
dorsetboy, where are you repping this season out of interest? Very Happy
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Callum001 wrote:
dorsetboy, where are you repping this season out of interest? Very Happy

I'll be in Tignes from 15th Dec, Italy (Claviere then the Dolomites) from late Jan to mid feb and then the US at Easter. Doing "peak" weeks for a company that takes schoo kids out. Did a couple last season and its such a good gig!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy