Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Too demanding resort criteria ?

Poster: A snowHead
Help required for a mate of mine looking to ski in Europe. I've mentioned a few resorts but they have trouble finding properties that suit (pretty high end tbh). Two families; 9 people. He's a very good skier but the others just recreational

NOT Val d'Isere (long story)

Requirements:

Going Easter 2013 so fairly snowsure
Ski-in ski-out
Very good quality chalets
Extensive area - poss good off-piste
Good for kids and less experienced
Other activities than skiing maybe

Many thanks in advance
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Arc 1950? Not chalets as such, but high quality accommodation (hotels or self-catering) with good range of facilities including a new spa this season. Everywhere is ski in/out, big area, especially if you get the Paradiski pass. Plenty of off-piste, especially with a guide. Gentle slopes for less experienced and child-freindly from what I've seen.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If cost no object then surely Switzerland? Verbier? Zermatt? Andermatt? Must be loads of high end chalets in those resorts i'd wager?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
or esprit at chalet hotel 2000 in courchevel 1850. Ski-in, Ski Out. at 2000m pretty snow sure.

Downsides - off piste not the best in the alps
Hotel is a little tired, but made up for by staff and location in my view.
Not the cheapest of TO's or resorts.
Other downside is it's probably all booked up for easter 2013.

Other activities.

Sledgeing
Night ski on verdons (not sure when it runs till)
Ice skating and other activities in the Forum.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Lech? Hotel rather than chalet, I guess. Samerberg Sue recommended some lovely sounding Austrian chalets on another thread - someone seeking "luxury" chalet.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the responses but hotels not an option as far as I understand
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
dsoutar wrote:
Thanks for the responses but hotels not an option as far as I understand

any particular reason?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
dsoutar, do they want exclusive occupancy of a chalet? And seriously high end? (couple of thousand euro apiece, accommodation only?) or something more like one of the better quality mass market operators?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yeah more info on exactly whet they think is 'high end' is required
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Maybe Verbier then, but it's not exactly child and lower intermediate skier-friendly, is it?

If it has to be a chalet, and has to be exclusive occupancy, then at this stage vacancies for school holiday time in this coming season are going to be limited; they're not going to be spoilt for choice.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Supertravel
Scottdunn
Ice-fire.co.uk
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The Oxford Ski Company
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks. I wouldn't be at all surprised if budget was £2k+ pp. He's got a very, very good job but is (understandably) quite coy about things like that as he's a really down to earth person and doesn't flash his money around
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
dsoutar, Chasseur, has the right idea.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

I wouldn't be at all surprised if budget was £2k+ pp

http://www.oxfordski.com/properties/elevendegreeseast

looks nice, good for Easter, £16,500 for the chalet for the week. It's the right size. Be a lot more than £2K pp once you've got there, got your lift pass, equipment etc, obviously.
snow report
If walk 20 metres form lift to hotel can count as ski in/out, Ischgl.
ski holidays
dsoutar, Verbier
latest report
clarky999, they don't want to go to a hotel, which narrows down their choice a lot, outside France.
snow conditions
pam w, ah, fair point.
ski holidays
I was going to suggest a couple of Austrian resorts, but only hotels there I think
latest report
VIP Chalets have some pretty high end properties in resorts that would fit the orginal brief.
snow report
http://www.consensioholidays.co.uk
snow report
Bug+ger chalets go to Club Med Val d'Isere OK didn't read that Club Med Meribel if not UM enough Valmorel (pack a long frock and dinner jacket)
latest report
Val Thorens must be obvious choice, should meet all criteria given: snowsure; ski-in-out everywhere; high end stuff available; good for kids; extensive with good off-piste available; as good as anywhere in France for non-ski activities
latest report
Quote:

Val Thorens must be obvious choice, should meet all criteria given: snowsure; ski-in-out everywhere; high end stuff available; good for kids; extensive with good off-piste available; as good as anywhere in France for non-ski activities

+1
snow report
Verbier or Zermatt.

Next question.
ski holidays
But they are looking, by the sound of it, for something a bit classy. Nothing classy about Val Thorens. And if they want their own chalet and hotels are "out" a French Butlins isn't going to cut it, either. wink Though personally I think Club Med sounds rather good. But not Meribel at Easter. And not Valmorel either. A bit chancy.
snow report
Supertravel
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
They won't get ski-in ski-out in Zermatt...

If Val Thorens not classy enough, Courchevel
ski holidays
Courchevel is not classy, just expensive. wink
latest report
patricksh wrote:

You will here. Madeye-Smiley http://www.riffelalp.com/das_resort.html
snow conditions
If they want classy and high altitude how about Obergurgl or Hochgurgl. I stayed in a hotel when I went there but a quick google came back with this place. BTW I can not comment about this place particularly just found on a google search

http://www.chalet11.co.uk/
snow conditions
NickyJ, that's the one I linked to above - i thought it looked good. If we can find a few possibilities with a bit of googling, they must be out there!
ski holidays
dsoutar,
as per rob@rar, I endorse Arc 1950 as an option. If your friends are interested I have contacts that arrange a catered/hosted option within the complex of otherwise self-catering apartments - it's what they do as a business, and takes apartment holidays to the next level.

1950 is home to quite a few high-end earners, movers and shakers: UK, Russian and Continentals (as well as middle ranking oiks like me...) It may be classy enough, but also discreet enough for your friends to enjoy themselves.

PM me if you'd like to explore some options.

AR

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Wed 5-12-12 9:18; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
The blurb on the website indicates that this place is next to the nursery slopes which are down on the valley floor and it's a steep hike up to the main Gaisberg area where the lifts are. You can ski down to the nursery slope area but need some skating ability as the approach from David's Hutte is quite flat. The website doesn't mention proximity to the main Hohe Mutte and Rosskar lifts and the shortish but steep hill that needs to be negotiated to get there!

NickyJ wrote:
If they want classy and high altitude how about Obergurgl or Hochgurgl. I stayed in a hotel when I went there but a quick google came back with this place. BTW I can not comment about this place particularly just found on a google search

http://www.chalet11.co.uk/
ski holidays
Arctic Roll wrote:
dsoutar,
as per rob@rar, I endorse Arc 1950 as an option. If your friends are interested I have contacts that arrange a catered/hosted option within the complex of otherwise self-catering apartments - it's what they do as a business, and takes apartment holidays to the next level.

1950 is home to quite a few high-end earners, movers and shakers: UK, Russian and Continentals (as well as middle ranking oiks like me...) It may be classy enough, but also discrete enough for your friends to enjoy themselves.

PM me if you'd like to explore some options.

AR

What non-ski activities can you do in 1950?
ski holidays
not ski in/out but does it matter wth your own private driver...

http://www.scottdunn.com/luxury-holidays/europe/southern-europe/austria/st-anton/chalet-artemis
ski holidays
patricksh wrote:

You're not staying at the right places.
snow report
St Moritz?
snow report
Quote:
What non-ski activities can you do in 1950?

Well, for a start there's:

http://www.ernalow.co.uk/uploads/pdf/deep-nature-spa-brochure.pdf

plus snow shoeing, dog sledding, the various amenities up at 2000 (10 pin bowling for example).
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy