Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Boot Fitting

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, I've finally taken the plunge to upgrade my Salamon 9.x Performa ski boots. I spent 2 hours this weekend with a boot fitter and narrowed down the search to Atomic hawx 120 or Salamon X-max 120. The Salomon has a custom fit shell, and when fitted are really comfortable, except that I have a pressure point at the crease of where the shell turns from the foot to the leg. I get relief when I'm in skiing position, but if i'm sitting or walking or standing the pressure cuts off the circulation to my foot. The fitter ran out of ideas for relieving the pressure and said he would speak to some people for advice today. I tried removing the footbeds and this seemed to ease the pressure. Just canavasing ideas, I'm not keen on cutting the boot in any way and the custom fitting, as good as it is for the shell, cant really deal with this. My alternative is the Atomic boot, but this is not as comfortable, I feel pressure points on my ankle bones and would need this adjusting, which I could do, but I've sort of afallen for the Salomons and would really like to find a solution. Any thoughts greatly received.! BTW I couldn't believ the difference in weight between these new boots and my old one, 1kg combined!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
someone with a lot more knowledge than I will most likely be along shortly. I had a similar experience, had atomic tracker 130's fitted. I had some discomfort on one boot. The fitter suggested removing the plate from the from of the boot (i have no idea if the salomon have this) which i did off and on for the first week or 2. Now the boots have settled in a the plates are in all of the time with no issues.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
BOD, if the bootfitter has run out of ideas...I'd say go somewhere else to buy your boots.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
gatecrasher, is right, go elsewhere, you need to have confidence in the fitters abilities, they are not cheap but are well worth the money when they get it right.
Don't worry too much if adjustments need to be made, your seeing a fitter to get a good fit, it is this sort of expertise your paying for. I had to have some of the plastic chopped and flared to accommodate my calf muscle, unless you know what your looking for you would not notice the modification. I thought my boots were too short wheras actually my heel was not sitting in the cup because my calf was pushing into the back of the boot and pushing my whole foot forward. Had I not listened to the fitter I would have wasted money on boots that fit like wellies!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
gatecrasher wrote:
BOD, if the bootfitter has run out of ideas...I'd say go somewhere else to buy your boots.

Good words! If they're willing to sell a boot to you that Isn't suitable that would set alarm bells ringing in my head, as allways if you're around the Bicester area then check out solutions4feet, been fitting my and g/f's, parents and friends for years with no problems!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy