Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

When to visit La Grave?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
What time of year is the off-piste in La Grave in pretty could shape? By Feb 1?

Coming from the US and I don't want to be there too early.

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
chrisc, welcome to snowHeads! La Grave requires a substantial accumulation of snow to ski it at its best, so I'd give it another month. Because the skiing is raw and ungroomed, nature has to provide full coverage.

I used to ski La Grave in mid-March.

Maybe discuss it with these people: http://www.skierslodge.com . They know the place inside out.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
chrisc,

Welcome to Snowheads

As the skiing is over galciated terrian it may need sufficent snow to form bridges over crevasses. By Feb this should have happened but of course, as David Goldsmith says the people at that web address run a lodge and are better informed.
He is a Swedish guy named Pelle who I talked to him at the ski show, he was very helpful. They offer full guiding in the area with sorties to ADH thrown in.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
chrisc, Skierslodge run weeks from January (or even December) so I wouldn't say Feb is much too early. It's a bit of a lottery really. The snow in April has actually been very good for the last few years. I've been there in early January and the classic routes were OK but there were some pretty impressive crevasses off route
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
chrisc, The folk at
Quote:

http://www.skierslodge.com
will take you to where the snow is best (Alpe D'Huez, Les Deux Alpes, Montgenevre, Serre Chevalier), so even if you don't ski at LG all week you'll still have a great time... snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Skied Montgenevre on 26Apr05, La Grave on 27Apr05 and Les Deux Alpes on 28Apr05.

Had fabulous conditions. Plenty of powder still to be found 3-4 days after the last snowfall due to low volume of skiers/snowboarders. And it was bluebird for all three days.

Never had to queue in any of the resorts, and accommodation, lift passes and food were cheap.

Looking to do the same again in 2006 after a winter in Colorado.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mike Pow,
Quote:

the resorts

surely not an appropriate description for La Grave wink
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
My apologies, lift accessed adventure playground Shocked
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy