Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

arghh, indecision but narrowed down to Movement Source or Scott Venture

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So yet another 'what ski' should i buy thread,, I know i should just man up and order a pair but.....

Ok, i tried out a variety of ski's at Castleford Xscape yesterday, which doesnt tell me a lot tbh but one ski i had a couple of extra runs (over my 3 run time limit) was the Scott Venture, felt lighter & livelier than most others and smaller than its width to the point i had to confirm the 96mm under foot on returning them.
Definately the sort of ski i'm looking for, Looked at a few reviews and cant find a bad word said !

I had decided that unless a ski really impressed i was going to go with Snowshepherds recomendation for the Movement Source, a similar kind of ski i think, maybe slightly softer but also lighter, not been able to try the Source tho' which is a shame but also reviews v well.

Both ski's rated as 30%piste 70% off piste which about sums me up

I'm 172cm / 80kg and have been using 168cm Rossi B3's for tha last 6/7 years in all situations from powder to piste so will probably stick with that length
relying on the extra 15% ski width to provide more float, ( B3's 82mm).
Sure someone will tell me to go longer now !

Scotts are more money but not enough to be an issue really.

I need them before the 15th so have to get sorted PDQ ..

Any reveiws from Snowhead users be great, ....But please no more alternatives ! Smile
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

Sure someone will tell me to go longer now !

go longer.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Maybe we had a brief chat yesterday as I was there and there didn't see too many folks trying the fatter skis and said hello to the ones I did! Did you try any of the Armada skis? TST and AR7 beat the Venture hands down for me (have some TSTs on the way now) the TST in particular was, for me, altogether more lively and just more fun, seemed way narrower than its 102mm underfoot and (thanks to the pretty huge nose rocker) way shorter than its 183.
Oh and yes go longer, I'm about a tiny bit taller than you but about the same weight and tend to go for skis in the 175 to 185 range though didn't have any problem with some 189 something or others yesterday.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi, yes had a chat with a few fellow tryees , were you the guy loving the sir Francis Bacon ?

I did try the TST but xscape not really its domain.. i'm not convinced by the large front rocker but maybe i'm oldfashioned ! The Venture seemed best for me using the 4ft wide strip of soft snow alongside the drag lift, !
May go up a length when it comes to order, never seemed to be an issue tho'

I was surprised how quiet the place was, no waiting for skis or setups. AND i xscaped without buying anything !
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Source is more fun. I like Scott generally but between these models the Movements have it.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy