Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bl&^*dy Eurosport

Poster: A snowHead
Showing us a rerun of Vonns run telling us Chemmy was on course and not showing any of her run!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yep...must be more snooker coming on rolling eyes
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
davkt, it's OK to say BLOODY. She's 31st now.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Vonn is amazing. A couple of mistakes, not the best visibility and still comes in first with half a second to spare.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
And what did they go to when they finished the race coverage? A rerun of their ski magazine show that they missed Chemmy by switching to yesterday!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Was there a crash in the Mens which put the schedules out ???
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
albob wrote:
Was there a crash in the Mens which put the schedules out ???

Yes Max Franz (Austria) hit a gate and knocked himself out. The first German down the hill also took a tumble and suffered a head injury above his left eye.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
DB, I have recorded it so thanks very much for the spoiler Evil or Very Mad .
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Max Franz's tumble.

http://youtube.com/v/WLH4e1HJIiA
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
maggi wrote:
DB, I have recorded it so thanks very much for the spoiler Evil or Very Mad .

Then why are you reading this thread? Someone asked a question and I answered it, it's not as if I gave away any results or is it that you get your kicks from seeing ski accidents and I spoilt the surprize?

Must have been terrible for Max Franz's family and friends to see that from thousands of miles away. The good news is Max regained consciousness shortly afterwards and was able to call his parents.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
DB wrote:
Then why are you reading this thread?

Because it is in The Piste, not snowSports, which I deliberately didn't read. It's also called Bloody Eurosport, so no clue there. You posted
Quote:
Vonn is amazing. A couple of mistakes, not the best visibility and still comes in first with half a second to spare.

That's what I'm talking about. The OP said that her run was repeated whilst Chemmy was skiing but from that I couldn't tell whether she's won, got placed or crashed.
Quote:
it's not as if I gave away any results or is it that you get your kicks from seeing ski accidents and I spoilt the surprize?

You gave away Vonn's result. And I hate watching accidents and hate Eurosport for constantly showing them so find that comment quite offensive.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
maggi,

The race was still running when I posted that comment about Vonn it wasn't at that time a final result. It was obvious from the first post it was about the race you had taped yet you choose to read on. Puzzled

However, sorry I messed up the result for you or caused any offence.

Max is out of hospital and luckly he only suffered from concusion and a broken nose.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Bloody Austro-Mancunian Lederhosen-clad Spoilers
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Comedy Goldsmith,

From you I expected something like ......

(cue Hovis music) In 1946 when I were a lad ..... (name drop some ski industry star who died 50 years ago) ..... the young ones today have no respect ........
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
(cue Hovis music) In 1946 when I were a lad ..... there were a skier called Jef Wickes. Best in the world, we all said. Never saw him wipe out once, and he was like Napoleon through the gates. Bl&^*dy Eurosport never gave him a minute's respect.
snow conditions
DB, apology accepted and sorry I was grumpy with you.

Actually, when I watched it, she made so many mistakes in the first half of the run that I was beginning to think you'd made it up!
ski holidays
maggi,

OK I'll let you off this time but just don't do it again otherwise it could get nasty. wink

http://www.alexjonesmachine.com/netguy.jpg
ski holidays
DB, Madeye-Smiley

Well, I dashed back for the skiing at 4.00 pm ....

So why is snooker on? Evil or Very Mad
snow report
maggi, Because everyone likes snooker and It's not a year round sport! Now which bit of the skiing are they going to cut short this time, beginning or end?
ski holidays
maggi, because Eurosport are ladies' front bottoms. Every year the same - the planner bears scant relation to what's broadcast, even while it's actually on air. Unless Val has suddenly got very green and flat. With pockets.

The only good thing about cutting the skiing? Slightly less Nick Fellows. Twisted Evil
snow report
gatecrasher wrote:
It's not a year round sport!

Snooker is not a sport at all Evil or Very Mad .
ski holidays
Snooker....A bunch of Be Nice please! old gits talking about a couple of Be Nice please! old before their time gits playing a game watched by an even bigger bunch of Be Nice please! old gits!
latest report
Pinturault is on fire!
snow conditions
Get in!
snow report
Quote:

The only good thing about cutting the skiing? Slightly less Nick Fellows.

Problem was it was that bigger t+t Matt Chilton whose slalom analysis could be written on the back of a postage stamp with a very thick pen
snow report
Quote:

Snooker is not a sport at all

Correct it's a game, as in fancy a game of snooker, along with Bridge and Ludo
latest report
Cynic wrote:
Quote:

Snooker is not a sport at all

Correct it's a game, as in fancy a game of snooker, along with Bridge and Ludo
Maybe euro"sport" need to reconsider this... So we get to see all of the skiing!

Also agree with your other comment regarding the commentary Shocked wink Toofy Grin
latest report
maggi wrote:
DB, Madeye-Smiley

Well, I dashed back for the skiing at 4.00 pm ....

So why is snooker on? Evil or Very Mad

The snooker wasn't on in my front room. For some reason ORF1 (Austrian equivalent to BBC1) tends to give skiing coverage priority over snooker. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

The snooker wasn't on in my front room. For some reason ORF1 (Austrian equivalent to BBC1) tends to give skiing coverage priority over snooker

Problem you need a pair of leather strides to be able to understand the commentary
ski holidays
Cynic wrote:
Problem you need a pair of leather strides to be able to understand the commentary

I wouldn't watch it any other way, and the commentary (which I fully understand) is generally by ex racers who tend to know what they are talking about.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Sykora
ski holidays
can we get orf1 in uk ?
is it possible?
snow report
Quote:

by ex racers who tend to know what they are talking about.

Like Nick Fellows then, he beat me in the UK plastic championships a couple of years ago
snow report
immer schuss, yes
snow conditions
HutToHut,

I have a dish at the mo but no reciever so what would be best to get to recieve ORF ?
ski holidays
Have a look at Openbox sat receivers and then scour the grey areas of the internet.
snow report
Cynic wrote:
Quote:

by ex racers who tend to know what they are talking about.

Like Nick Fellows then, he beat me in the UK plastic championships a couple of years ago

This bloke ...

http://youtube.com/v/8W4bHB6ZBPg

... not into plastic (more leather and snow) so never 'erd of him.

but I was refering to Matt Chilton

Quote:
Before starting his broadcasting career he worked in ski resorts including a season working for Mark Warner as the manager of the Hotel Moris in Val d'Isere during the 1989/90 winter season.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Chilton
ski holidays
The commentary on the skier cross on at the moment is laughably bad! Think the real commentator must have not made it in to work and they've got the office cleaner to step in! Twisted Evil

This guy doesn't know who's in the lead, who's in what bib, no background info on athletes..........

Is it just a case of knowing the right people to get a commentating job or what? Toofy Grin
snow conditions
skir67, same cleaner as last year by the sounds of him... "And It's err....yellow vest in the lead!" Laughing
latest report
DB, Yes this Fellows UK National Artificial Ski Slope Champion, he was good unfortunately. WC starts as well .

skir67, .It’s always like that, but you must remember the commentators are in an industrial estate near Luton and he sees what you do and is making it up as it goes along

But at least it's not and errrr Freshwater
latest report
immer schuss, yes, if you can receive a signal from the satellites at 19.2°E, there are several ways to do this. You'll need an Openbox satellite receiver and you'll have to do some Googling too.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy