Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

David vs Goliath.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
For the last few years the new, boutique brands have had a nibble, even a collective bite out of the Ski Market. Looking around at what the big 5 are now doing, looks like they're setting themselves up to take back thier share, better quality goods, innovation and seemingly investment looks to be the trend over the next few years. Salomon are an excellent example of this, lost their way in Snowsports between 2002 and say, now. Back in full force with awesome, high quality and consistent products. Back to their best? No beyond that IMO.

Great to watch the market; too and fro. Competition being the best driving force, the boutique brands have kicked them where it hurts, but the giants don't seem to be ready to let them kick twice.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've been out of ski equipment reporting for a very long time, but it's worth noting that (the late) Georges Salomon is said to have built his company - which was founded by his father making steel edges for wooden skis after the second world war - by adopting first world war military strategy. I don't think he used horse-drawn guns, but there might be some clues in what he was up to ... if anyone wants to reconstruct his strategy for the future.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Sat 1-12-12 17:16; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
CH2O, interesting, the big boys have only themselves to blame, they sweated the products for years, getting away with a quick paint job and sponsorships instead of serious investment in development. I suspect the revolving door of ownerships, had a lot to do with it. Good to hear they are ploughing a bit more back in to the products. Marks would have called it decadence.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy