Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

pain after some low intensity skiing.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I went to Tamworth yesterday. I took things very easy but last night I had pain in the base of my heel (only when walking) , and today the top of my calf to the lower back of my knee feel a bit sore. I've got custom boots that have never given me this kind of pain before, so is it fitness, technique, changes to my feet etc?
Any ideas?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Could be a number of things......
Did you warm up? Have you gained/lost weight? Are you generally fit? Had you got the left liner/footbed in the left boot etc? Have banged your heel recently but only noticed it while skiing? Were you wearing thin wool ski socks or thick hiking socks? Were you relaxed over the centre of your boots on the drag lift or were you leaning heavily on your heels with your knees locked? Puzzled
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Crell, pain in the base of the heel could be the dreaded Plantar Fasciitis.

Does it still hurt - like it's bruised? Is it worse in the morning as you first put weight on it?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The problem is in the heel - the calf and muscle soreness is a result of your body attempting to take weight off your heel (and thus resulting in your muscle overworking)
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks all.

Lily, no real change in weight, as fit as I ever am (which is err "passable to OK"), and the boots were as they're supposed to be, and I was wearing my regular ski socks.

Certainly no recent injury and the pain was in the base of the heels (the bit in contact with the ground).

I didn't really notice myself getting out of position on the conveyor / magic carpet but I may well have been a bit lazy Smile

Red27 - It's stopped hurting now thankfully, and my calves are fine. I didn't notice any particular worsening the following morning; it just hurt constantly for 3 days or so - though definitely more painful when standing. Hopefully I can rule PF out.

I bumped in to physio I know at the weekend. She actually thought it could be back related as I had pain on both sides equally, and bizarrely later that day my back started playing up. I might go back to Tamworth next week though and see if I get the same problem again, and its a good excuse for a ski Smile
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Crell, Could be the dreaded retrocalcaneal bursitis, I got it ahem after having a boot fitted for me.

To know if you have- does the pointy bit of you heal bone sticking out to the side hurt? Lay on bed and role foot from one side to another, heal agony? Does it hurt worst when going up a drag lift? If answer no probably not, if yes it is expensive to alter boot to get rid of it: if you have (Profeet in London cured mine, unfortunately the man who diagnosed it sadly no longer with us).
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy