Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Electronic snow glove controls an iPod

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
O'Neill Europe will this season introduce a ski/board glove that can transmit control signals to an iPod worn inside a jacket. It's the latest of several ideas in 'wearable electronics' - in this case the 'H2 series'.

The 'Fat Controller' gloves, costing 139 Euros per pair, use radio frequencies to relay instructions to a module installed on top of the iPod. Tune selection is managed from a small, thumb-controlled joystick woven in to the top of the right-hand glove that mirrors the behavior of the iPod’s scroll wheel. By nudging the joystick to different points of the compass the wearer can play/pause, adjust volume and skip tracks without having to remove the iPod from the inner sanctums of a snowboard jacket.

This report from Gizmag.

iPod users - would you want to get your hands on a pair of these?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There are a few different manufacturers doing this kind of thing. Burton were the first company to market with a ski/board jacket with controls in the sleeve, and Spyder have a new jacket (stupidly expensive) this season with a similar arrangements. If I skied with my iPod I'd like to have something like this, but I tend not to listen to music when I ski these days so it's not that relevant to me.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy