Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Season tickets to all 5 Scottish ski areas: only 25 available

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Ski Scotland, the promotional body of the Scottish ski areas, is offering 25 season tickets to all 5 centres for £369 each. It's a test marketing exercise.

With some meterorologists forecasting a colder-than-recent winter, the operators of Cairngorm (Aviemore's mountain) are optimistic, though their own forecasts of skier numbers are dramatically reduced. The mountain is budgeting for only 48,000 visits this winter, down from 150,000 a few years back.

This report from Scotland on Sunday.

Anyone tempted to buy one of those (very exclusive!) tickets?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm not interested as I don't live close enough to benefit, but how do this price compare to an individual season pass to Cairngorm for example?

I'd like a bit more flexibility with the season pass arrangements across the Tarantaise valley. A Paradiski season pass does give a couple of days in Espace Killy, La Ros, St Foy, but it would be nice if there were more days available, or better still no limits at all.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sure, it'd be great to have a season ticket to all ski areas in Europe but realistically I guess individual resorts - particularly the most successful ones - want to control their lift capacity in relation to their accommodation capacity. And the regions involved probably don't want too many people driving all over the place to take sample days on unconnected lift systems.

One could, in theory, have a pass that allowed entry to all London cinemas or theatres. But with commercial rivalry - and the complex accounting involved - I think it's actually surprising how much cooperation goes on between competing ski resorts.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Sun 16-10-05 11:27; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
David Goldsmith, yes, I understand why it's unlikley to happen, although that doesn't stop me from wanting one! Aren't there area passes for several of the (unconnected) Swiss resorts?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Actually, yes, there was news of one about a week ago. I forget which Swiss resorts are involved. Many Swiss lift companies are reported to be unprofitable so it probably makes sense for them to pool marketing and revenues, and boost numbers.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

but how do this price compare to an individual season pass to Cairngorm for example?

A Cairngorm season ticket bought before 31st September is/was £250
A Glenshee season ticket bought before 31st October is £200

As usuall though the marketting is crap - I'm a season ticket holder for Cairngorm and first I heard about this was today on Winterhighland.com and it has been announced after the last date for cheap Cairngorm tickets and probably after a lot of season ticket holders at most Scottish resorts will already of purchased their ticket. Perhaps that was the aim!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy