Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best snowboarding films?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Apologies if this has already been done elsewhere, but thought it would be good to get your views on the best shred flicks that get you in the right frame of mind before going up the hill. These don't necessarily have to be the most 'epic' or visually perfect, as long as it just makes you want to go snowboarding.

My starter for ten? 'Lame' by Robot Food. Only one word to describe it... Fun. And that's what le shred is all about, right?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
'Afterbang' is a great film with some epic tunes always makes me want to get out there.
'Full Metal Edges' is another good motivator with some awesome tunes.
'Badass Big Airs' captures the true fun of snowboarding the tricks aren't huge but its British and a good watch.
Finally the most amusing section of a snowboarding film (and apologies to the two plank fraternity we are all brothers but.....) it has to be Marc Franc Motoya's section in 'Optimistic' where he rides through the park drowning skiers with powder slashes as they loiter on the run ins to the rails and hits in the park.
Makes me laugh every time the little rascal. If you haven't seen it have a look !
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There are the obvious modern ones - Deeper, That's It...., Art of Flight, Neverland - if only for the epicness of the footage and the budgets involved.

'Apocalypse Snow' goes down in history as a bit of a must-watch, if only for the zip-lining mono boarders. In one-piece suits. To a trippy soundtrack. Oh yeah, and the giant plastic ball chasing someone down a mountain!!!

http://youtube.com/v/SgSNHSnkYnY

The ones that used to come with Whitelines every month were great - lots of French and Scandi movies but enjoyable just for the visuals and the fact there was some pretty accessible boarding in them. And lots of mental Finnish crashing down stairs.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Specialman, +1 for the Apocolypse Snow movies - I just got them on DVD. Iconic moment of the movie for me is the skier doing an Iron Cross back somersault gap jump over the train, hooking his tips on the train and double release to heap on the side of the track.......
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Haha, that MFM section of slashing is brilliant! I'm ashamed to say it did inspire similar behaviour on the subsequent trip. Has anyone seen the latest Absinthe film? Possibly 16mm stuff is looking a bit dated in this era of super-slo-mo-HD-heli-cam-Red-bull-ness? The riding was still spot on though- Nico Muller has to be the person that most inspires the shred.

I will have to check out the Apocalypse snow stuff, if only for the train jump! Sounds like the skier doing a backflip on a massive step up in white balance only to land head first in the face of the landing. The way he gives the thumbs up afterwards still with head buried is priceless!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Gnarbeque, It's in this one:
http://youtube.com/v/Sp0mJ8BPutU arounfd 15 mins or so.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy