Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Getting up and down to/from Vallandry 2nd and 9th Feb '13

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, staying in Vallandry, I'm flying into Chambery Sat 2nd Feb 10:00 and out from Geneva late evening Sat 9th. I'm planning to use the Altibus from Chambery and probably alpski-bus from Aime or BSM to GVA evening of 9th.

The question is, how to get to Vallandry? I believe there is a free bus from Landry but I assume that the Altibus will only stop at Aime. So is it easy / frequent to do Aime to Landry? Also to return, the alpski-bus suggests a connecting bus/taxi down to BSM to then get the bus to GVA (€79.00 total).

Am I on the right lines? Is there another way - although the prices seem OK - should I book in advance - do these buses have limited tickets for each departure? I suppose they will....

Any advice would be really appreciated. Thanks, Tim Puzzled
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Peaklander, Where are you staying? Any chance of them picking you /dropping you off at all? The expensive route is to go to Bourg and then get a taxi up/down to vallandry. Aime should be slightly cheaper. there are some taxi numbers listed here - http://www.peisey-vallandry.com/taxi-liste_afnors-A2LIAI[A81TRA-641-HIVER-UK-PEISEY_VALLANDRY.html but you should probably pre-book; well the return at least, outward you'll probably find cabs at BSM station/bus station.

If the lifts are open then cheap route (having got one's pass in advnace) is to get the funicular up the hill to 1600 and then ski round, or get the bus round to 1800 from 1600 and then take the 'jardin alpin' lift, turn right at the top and its a very undemanding flat blue (green) round to vallandry - 5 minutes max on skis. There is a walking route too but it's - about 20/30 minutes and hard to find in the dark. (there is no road access in the winter)

There is a bus to/from Landry (bottom of the hill) and that's a stop for the local train, but the bus is not the most frequent - at the moment they only have last years timetables up
http://www.peisey-vallandry.com//documents/horaires_navettes.pdf

Given it's relatively peak then you could do worse than stick a thumb out provided you don't have tonnes of luggage. As someone that's never ever hitchhiked or given a lift to anyone in the UK, it seems pretty normal to do both up/down to resort especially if they are carrying skis - boarders you just run over (as they'll be sitting in the middle of the road anyway...)
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi Bertie, thanks for the reply and apologies for not acknowledging it sooner. We are at Chalets de Vallandry (self catered) and I hadn't thought about checking with the owners so possibly an option. I'll be last to arrive and although the skiing in sounds a good idea - I will have travelled in from the UK with luggage so it's not an option!!

The link to www.peisy-vallandry.com is really useful as well so thanks for that - I can investigate the bus / taxis again through there.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy