Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Is it possible to have a love for somewhere...

Poster: A snowHead
... where you've never been too before?

I've never been to Engelberg... but i'm in love with the place.

I want to live, ski and work there.

Is this irrational?

Anyone else had similar nonsense?

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 29-11-12 21:17; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
spud wrote:

Is this irrational?

Yep! Laughing

I think you need to visit a place before you can really fall in love with it. I knew I'd really like New York before I visited but when I got there it blew me away and I fell in love with the place. I'd move there tomorrow if I could. Having said that I thought I'd feel the same way about Los Angeles...but I didn't like it when I went.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
spud, worse, you're in love with somewhere you can't spell correctly.

Anyway, I've been there a few times and I'm not head over heels exactly.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
No, I don't think you can. You can have a longing to go or be somewhere, but until you have, you can't really love it.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bode Swiller wrote:
spud, worse, you're in love with somewhere you can't spell correctly.

Anyway, I've been there a few times and I'm not head over heels exactly.

Ooops...corrected...on my third glass of vino wink

I've never met Kate Beckinsale... but i want to love, live in, and work on her too.

Is that irrational also? Is it comparable? Puzzled
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Maybe you need to learn the difference between love and lust Laughing
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
robapplegate wrote:

There's a difference Puzzled
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Tiger2 wrote:
robapplegate wrote:

There's a difference Puzzled

When, for example, signing a 'Get Well Soon' card to your aunt, yes.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Richard_Sideways, Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Pay that! Laughing
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Richard_Sideways, You've never seen my aunt Very Happy
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
spud, what is it you love about it? I assume this is from photos? When are you going to ski there?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
spud wrote:
... where you've never been too before?

I've never been to Engelberg... but i'm in love with the place.

I want to live, ski and work there.

Is this irrational?

Anyone else had similar nonsense?

Try it at a busy half term, see if you love it after you've queued for the gondola for an hour.

The terrain is good, very good in fact. It looks to me like it has some of the best lift-accessed off piste in the Alps. The pistes are nothing special. The town is quite pleasant but is not the most charming alpine village I've seen. Still, each to his/her own, I'm sure you'll have a great time, I'm certainly looking forward to going back there, just not at half term.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yucatan is quite fun, Monster fest is a cultural eyeopener about the buttoned up Swiss but mountain layout isn't great, lift queues get bad at weekends and it can take a long time to get interesting laps in. & the home run is one of the great all time alpine clusterfocks.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Cheers peeps... I wouldn't have to worry about lift Queues as i would be working as a Ski Instructor. As long as i get my German Language up to scratch.
I understand the off piste and pistes are some of the most challenging in the Alps.
snow report
spud wrote:
and pistes are some of the most challenging in the Alps.

As many of a "I can get down a red no problem" has found out on the blue glacial mogulled ice of the only piste from Titlis to below.
ski holidays
spud wrote:
pistes are some of the most challenging in the Alps.

They're not. They're not even close. The off piste on the other hand, hell yes. I did very little of it (conditions were hard packed and I was with rather more timid skiers), but what I saw was superb. Talking to the locals (Swedes) had me convinced that it was a place with a huge amount to offer for OP.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Fri 30-11-12 17:59; edited 1 time in total
snow report
fatbob wrote:
spud wrote:
and pistes are some of the most challenging in the Alps.

As many of a "I can get down a red no problem" has found out on the blue glacial mogulled ice of the only piste from Titlis to below.

Yep, that's a nasty run. It's not an enjoyable challenge either. The rest of the pistes are perfectly pleasant.
snow report
Not love exactly but I'm planning to move to NZ without ever having visited. I reckon I'll like it.
snow conditions
sah, Agree on the pistes - boring like a slightly more vertical Cervina with less impressive food.
latest report
fatbob wrote:
sah, Agree on the pistes - boring like a slightly more vertical Cervina with less impressive food.

Now you're making me feel like i should have a fling... wink
snow report
justatheory wrote:
Not love exactly but I'm planning to move to NZ without ever having visited. I reckon I'll like it.

South Island has probably some of the most stunning scenery i've ever witnessed. I'm sure you'll love it.
snow conditions
Doug Coombs skiing Alaska. I've not been there but it's clearly 'Heaven'. And there's another discussion......
ski holidays
What a brilliant topic! Myself and my partner have skied all over the Alps (mainly France) - we did a season in Peisey last year which is a great village in the Paradiski area - on the 'right' side.. les arcs! only my opinion (I had previously been a la plagne cheerleader) Anyway, lots on that but back to topic, myself and my partner had a game where one trip per season we would both try to come up with one random place the other would not.. if it was the same one we would not go there..... so we're yet to go to Montgeneve and Serre Chevalier.. what a pity!
ski holidays
I really like the Paradiski and Serre Chevalier...both cracking ski areas.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy