Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

FR: Sainte Foy 2012/13

Poster: A snowHead
So, time to kick this off!

It snowed all through last night and most of today. In total, maybe around 20cm at resort level. On the mountain, there was already the beginnings of a decent base above about 2000m, so the new snow should have moved things along pretty well up there. More snow forecast for Sunday and also some cold weather, so the snow-cannons should be working hard.

Starting to look good for the start of the season!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hey Stevo welcome back , glad to see Ste Foy got its share of the action Very Happy Very Happy

Sundays snow coming from the North West just right for getting stuck on the corner of the valley , fingers crossed looks like a good start .
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
stevomcd, good news , will follow this with interest , out to st foy in march snowHead
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Very good news, out there 11th jan can't wait.

Hope you are well rob??
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
stevomcd, I'll be paying particular attention to this thread in the next month or two snowHead Simon's eyes lit up when I told him about the base that's being laid as we speak... snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
As a matter of interest is the resort still not open until 15 th? On the PSB and fancied driving over
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Resort won't be open until the 15th. In any case, there are land-mines on the road activated by anyone driving down from the Espace Killy. Get your own snow! wink

Resort yesterday morning from one of our chalet balconies:

Snowed steadily (if not heavily) all day today. Very cold too.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
stevomcd, looks nice!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
stevomcd, might have to come up for a bit of skinning later in the week. Do you fancy going out for a hike and a little ride down in all this fresh powder Very Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
That looks like Col du mont, great location, skis on at front door down to the lift........end of day ski to your front door

Although when I stayed there it was self catered.....so no cake and biscuits waiting
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
stefoy4me, good spot! It is indeed Col du Mont.

BIG snowfall throughout yesterday and last night. Official report says 60-70cm of new snow. Where it's drifted, it's waist deep around the resort!

Couple of photos from today:

Getting on for waist-deep outside the chalet:

Even the Landy is going to need a bit of help:

snowcrazy, up for it but I'm working flat-out in pre-season / staff-training mode at the moment. Probably going to go for a crack-of-dawn skin in the next day or so.

By the way, trying to put as many pics / reports on here as I can, but I tend to update our Facebook page / blog more often:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-White-Room-Snowboard-Ski-Mountain-Bike-Holidays/16428646898
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Another 10cm or so overnight.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
stevomcd, I know you would prefer not to see invaders from the EdK, but is Ste Foy worth a day out if we are staying in Les Brevieres this year? I've always wanted to have a look at Ste Foy...
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rainman, i feel slightly confused answering your question as I'm clearly not going to say it's not worth it, but sure, I'd ride Sainte Foy ahead of Tignes any day and twice on Sundays!

I've spent five full winter seasons here and never gone anywhere other than Sainte Foy to ride on my day off, other than the odd trip to Tignes to hit the park.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
stevomcd, That's sold it!
snow conditions
Skinned-up to the bottom of the 3rd lift early this morning during a (brief!) break in the weather. Suffice to say that snow depth / cover for the time of year is astonishing. The groomers have been out working hard, so most of the pistes are now ready to go. Off-piste it is very, very deep.

It has just started snowing heavily again, some forecasts suggesting as much as 80cm today!

Photos up here shortly, although I forgot the memory card for my camera so only some sketchy phone shots!
snow conditions
the webcam is unreal....snow snow and more snow......oh to be there.......

don t suppose Hippot is available over NY Steve ??
snow report
stefoy4me, we're totally jammed over New Year. Do have some bargain space left for the week of 15th December - when not a soul will have touched all that snow.... Twisted Evil
latest report
Steve - We stayed at the Morion a couple of years ago, loved it - might be tempted with a pre crimbo powder fest trip for a week whats the deal for a small group of us, 3 or 4 persons.

PM if you wish
snow report
Cptsideways, YGPM!
snow conditions
Actually, no you don't 'cos you're "down a crevasse"!

Can do you a deal of £449 per person, including all food/drinks etc. and 6-day lift pass, staying in Chalet Bazilhote: www.whiteroomchalet.com/win_accom_Bazilhote.htm

Drop me an email for more info : mail AT whiteroomchalet.com
snow conditions
Opening day today!

Was pretty good! Not as epic as we might have hoped as we had a wee temperature spike over the last 24hrs, with a touch of rain at resort level. This made things a bit heavy lower down, but it was good up-top. Turned back to snow by mid-day and looking forward to another good day tomorrow. Forecasts suggesting another 50cm over the next 48hrs!
snow report
20cms of nice dry fresh on top of a soft base = GOOD!

Still puking too.
snow conditions
Wee pic from yesterday. Still snowing hard!

latest report
hope the weather forecast...or rather freezing level forecast is wrong for later this week...............thats potentially one hell of a lot of rain at 2500m and below......
snow conditions
Quote:

It is indeed Col du Mont

Looking forward to spending New Year with you guys in a couple of weeks.
snow conditions
s50cam, nice one, see you soon!

It was a bit good in Sainte Foy yesterday:

ski holidays
must say the new webcam 2 looks good, just goes to show how much snow has fallen Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quick update just to say that the forecast apocalyptic rainfall to 2000m+ last night did NOT happen, as far as we can tell.

At 8pm, it was -1°C and puking snow at 800m in Bourg Saint Maurice. Freezing level was definitely rising, with the last few drops of the storm falling as rain at resort level, but very, very light by that time.

When I went home (leaving work!) at 2am last night it was -3°C and clear in Sainte Foy at 1550m. Weather today is mild but dry.

The snow was incredibly heavy at around dinner-time last night, drive up from Bourg to Sainte Foy had some of the worst road conditions I've ever experienced (top marks to the new snowchains on my van and the all-round awesomeness of our snow-tyre equipped Landy!).
ski holidays
Phew, base preserved nicely for January then snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
Finally made it up today after a week of working flat-out!

Some rain overnight at resort level, but snow-line was pleasantly low down as I made it up the lifts this afternoon. Lower levels pretty firm or slushy after the mild weather, but some good fresh snow up top. Face shots on Crystal Dark!
ski holidays
I was up there too today. The snow off the top lift was really good and pretty much skiable off piste quite a long way down , though it did get heavy. More snow on the way!
snow report
I'm assuming Foy has the same as Plagne, its dumping big time? Might be tempted to make a trip for Friday if we n get a bus from Aime.....
latest report
Yes, snowing hard. Mix of rain and snow at resort level, much snow on the mountain.
snow report
Arrived in Ste Foy yesterday evening and skied today. Plenty of snow but a bit hard off piste, looks like it must have been fun last week. Sunny pretty much all day but got a bit chilly when the sun disappeared behind the mountains, kids v quickly got cold so headed back down at 4'ish.
On a non snow note, the queue for the ski passes was insane. We queued for at least an hour and things were getting pretty heated at times. To have only two counters only on the first sunday of what must be one of the busiest weeks is crazy and to my mind shows a complete lack of consideration to the customers. From what I can tell Ste Foy has increased it's bed capacity a fair bit in recent years, the infrastructure should keep pace with this. It must be tough for the people working in the cashiers, I imagine the management are raking it in! And why do they still insist on a photo, I could understand it previously when they didn't have automatic gates and you had to show your pass. Taking the photos in the cashier takes up a fair bit of time and the pictures that come out on the passes are unrecocnizable.
Rant over, time to get on with a holiday!
snow conditions
philipb, yes, they're muppets at the lift pass office. Nice people, who I know well, but muppets.

Why didn't you get your lovely chalet hosts to organise your passes for you in advance, saving you all that hassle? wink

On a similar note, why the feck does the Marquise have 2 gates for a 6-man lift? Words shall be had at my next enthralling town council meeting.

It was good today up high BTW. I hiked up and rode The Cross. A little wind-affected, but really good. Some friends did far-Crystal this morning as well, said it was great. Pistes very good up high, firm low down.

Agreed, it was baltic once the sun went down.
snow report
Bit warmer today, nice conditions. Me and son headed off in a group to La Masure with Pierre Loehr from Evolution 2 (who was great, really nice guy). Conditions off-piste seemed pretty good, still powdery in the bowls but getting a bit hard in the narrower sections down along the valley. I think a bit of snow expected tomorrow (hopefully not rain!). stevomcd, fair point about getting chalet hosts to arrange lift passes, unfortunately we're self catering. I don't suppose you could possibly recommend any decent chalets with friendly staff for future visits could you!? Smile
snow conditions
hi philipb
i highly recommend marcus and charlotte at

http://brilliant-white.co.uk/
latest report
Bit quieter on the slopes today, I expect a few are nursing New Years Day hangovers! We skied with Pierre again so up early and over towards La Masure again. Light dipped this afternoon and it started to snow around 5ish. We had to drive down to the Pharmacy in Seez this evening and it was snowing quite heavily all the way there and back. Not sure how much we will get tonight, would be nice if there was enough to freshen things up a bit.
latest report
Beautiful sunny day today. Getting quite warm around midday but conditions still good. Had fun with the kids on and between the slopes. Last run was down Crystal Dark whihc the kids loved. First two lifts have longish queues so getting up the mountain takes a while, no doubt it will be quieter next week.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy