Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Great Continental Railway Journeys: Switzerland

Poster: A snowHead
On BBC2 tonight at 9pm. The clip I saw was showing the Jungfraujoch and glacier, and there should be some good mountain scenery in the programme.... Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Got it on now.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Me too, I've probably covered half the route too.

Not in a pink shirt though.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Me too.

snowHead
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It is a beautiful country and yes the engineering feats are amazing.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Fascinating - watching now.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Chasseur wrote:
Fascinating - watching now.
+1
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Think I know where we're going on holiday next summer
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just watched it. Can't wait to go back there. Never done the last bit from Kleine Scheidegg up to the top.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Damn, saw this thread too late! I will have to look for a repeat

I haven't ventured much on the railways here, but I would love to do the jungfrauhoch. Itis incredibly expensive though, even by Swiss standards.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Whitters, i-player is your friend.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
halfhand, Well, iplayer and expat shield will need to be even closer friends! I'll give it a go over the weekend.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Did it all 10 years ago in the summertime, camped in lauterbrunnen, would love to do it all again!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Whitters, Sorry hadn't spotted your location. A few red lights and a few old beds will sort you out though Laughing
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Did anyone else think there was something odd about Portillo's way of walking ? We were laughing everytime --- hips forward, arms wobbling around distractedly. And that lime geen shirt ...
snow report
mark cavendish, He was a politician after all, and Maggie was known for grabbing them by the .....
snow report
andy wrote:
Just watched it. Can't wait to go back there. Never done the last bit from Kleine Scheidegg up to the top.

A little pricey, and of course it takes away skiing time. Even so, well worth a visit on a clear day.
ski holidays
achilles, true. but it's a holiday. trying to persuade a WLD* train geek from back home to get a passport. he'd enjoy the ride up/down between grindlewald and lauterbrunnen all day long, while we ski/MTB all day.

(* weak lemon drinker).
snow report
andy, thing is, if you keep putting it off until another time, you may never do it. I went up a couple if years ago. It was on something like my fifth visit to Wengen. As it turns out, I may never go back there again, so I'm very glad Io tookp the time off when I did to make the trip.
snow conditions
This is such a magical part of the world for a summer holiday - maybe that's the best time to go up the Jungfraujoch. I did, as a child, and have never forgotten it.
ski holidays
I was at work yesterday evening, so didn't see Portaloo's documentary.

The trip through that tunnel is one of the most thrilling things I've experienced on a railway line. It stops at a point in the Eiger where you look out of a window in the north face itself. The magic of the Jungfraujoch station at the top is the Aletsch glacier, right outside.

The train and tunnel had interesting roles in the 2008 movie 'Nordwand' [North Face], which is an extremely exciting account of a 1936 attempt on the summit, against the background of the Nazi summer and winter Olympics that year.
snow report
mark cavendish, not as bad as Andrew Marr's over-tight trousers! *Shudder*

I've been loving this series, it ties in really well to one of my uni modules too. (Intro to European Studies - basically European history 1770-1945)
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy