Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

40% off les Gets Season pass.

Poster: A snowHead
This came up on Yodel earlier.
Les Gets are offering a 40% discount on the Morzine/Les Gets Season pass. Up until 10th Dec, and must buy online.
Good deal if you do not want to travel far in the PDS.

http://www.lesgets.com/glisse-ski/offres-de-sejours/forfait-saison-40.html

Bet we will not be offered that off our PDS season passes Sad
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
DallyPaul, no, its always a shame about the PDS season passes isn't it. We priced ours up when we were over last week, phew take a deep breath and go for it - we have always been given to understand that it is the Swiss stations that won't agree to reduction for buying in advance.

but my daughter and son in law who are staying all of January with us have ordered their Les Gets/Morzine passes online as I don't think they will be able to venture too far in the PDS this year, and can upgrade for the odd day, if I feel very kindly towards a spot of all day baby sitting!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
DallyPaul, 40% off seems pretty amazing for general sale to the public. What do workers/locals usually get this pass for?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Swiss do reduce lift passes if purchased before Nov 20th for both local and PDS passes. Reduction is about 20% i think
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
albinomountainbadger, Grand Massif season pass is half price until dec 10th
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
summer, but is that for a season pass? There is a reduced rate for PDS bought in advance but not for the season just week etc.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I got a big chunk off my Espace Diamant pass, bought in advance. About 40% IIRC.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
pam w, how busy does this place get at weekends? Just wondering as its location might put off a few day trippers who hit La Clusaz, Megeve or other maybe better known resorts nearby en route. It seems like a massive area, virtually unknown by most Brits.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yep, sorry that's a season pass Very Happy
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
summer, you mean there is a reduction of 20% for season pass PDS bought in advance?
We get 20% off as residents and then 10% as we are slightly tottery in age
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
So as a new arrival is this a better deal than is available to residents? Does the lack of Avoriaz significantly reduce end of season ski opportunities? I'll probably only get to ski once a week so just trying to calculate it all.

Not used to seeing different offers on passes!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Whitters, depends which weekend. In the French school holidays Sundays are busy, particularly in Les Saisies, which is the busiest part of the network - best snow, most resort facilities and most "family friendly" though Saturday transfer days are always a good bet. Outside those peak periods weekends are quiet, like the rest of the time. Lift queues are rare. Praz sur Arly, where there's a new fast 6 man chair from the vast free car park is only a few minutes drive past Megeve. That rarely seems to have any significant queues even in the school holidays - we drive down there sometimes when LS is heaving. Most of the time most of the area is very quiet but although the snow cover in Les Saisies and the top of Notre Dame is excellent (typically better than the Tarentaise at comparable altitude) the lower Arly Valley areas can get very slushy in a warm spring though they're open into April. 2000m is the top, in the Espace Diamant, and most of the skiing is blue/red. My season ticket, thanks to the cheaper euro, cost me £289. That includes a very minor discount for being tottery, but anyone can buy at the advanced prices - there are no concessions for residents.

We get quite a lot of day trippers from Albertville and surroundings - less than 40 minutes from the Rosieres chair in Bisanne 1500. Free parking, though not a huge amount of it.

The area certainly isn't well known to Brits though there are more English voices each year - 10 years ago you'd look round in surprise if you heard someone speaking English. It still doesn't happen every day.

There is plenty of skiing in France which is "virtually unknown by most Brits". It depends what you're looking for; I'm very happy to say that "apres ski" is virtually invisible. wink
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
pam w, thanks. I'll try a day trip or two this season. I often go to Megeve for the day so it shouldn't take too much longer by the looks of things, and I'm always on the lookout for places I've never been - La Giettaz/Combloux and Praz de Lys/Sommand had their first visits from me last year.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Whitters, good, hope you enjoy it. I suggest you park at the bottom of the Cret du Midi lift in Praz. You can get to the top (best) part of Notre Dame quite easily now, as they built a new draglift a couple of years ago. That's a better bet than continuing along the Arly Valley towards Flumet. The run down (on the red choice) from the top of Cret du Midi is terrific. One of the best in the whole area. There might be a couple of very cheap days for lifts, throughout the season - there were last year.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Wonder if any of you Snowheads can assist. I will be staying in the Morzine area for 5 weeks from 5th Jan. As far as I can ascertain a PdS full area lift pass costs 820 Euro. I cannot see anywhere that has a discount on this price. Given the 40% discount that Dallypaul refers to above, I can get a Morzine /Les Gets pass for 323 Euro. Unfortunately I will be living in Montriond, although I will have a car. Can anyone advise as to the cost of a daily upgrade to a PdS pass as and when required, and whether this may be beneficial financially. Thanks in anticipation.
snow report
jasmck159, sorry can't tell you what the actual upgrade will be this year. If you have a Les Gets/Morzine pass you can upgrade (in Les Gets anyway) the evening before and they keep your pass until you are back - 10% discount. But.....as I've moaned about here before, you can't get a discount if you upgrade once you are in Avoriaz (Ardent for example) rolling eyes

I think we pay about €100 to upgrade for a day (two adults, two teens). For five weeks and considering you have a car, probably worth considering a full PDS pass from the start.
snow report
Marmotte16, had the horrible feeling I would probably be wasting my time - thanks anyway.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy