Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Boot heaters - Cold feet

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My feet seem to be getting colder as I'm getting older! Has anyone used THERMIC boot heaters? They are fairly expensive £190 ish for rechargeable packs. Not sure if I would need the insoles as well, since I have a connector on the back of my boots. Anyone used these or something similar? I would appreciate your opinions. I have tried the disposable chemical packs and have not found them particularly effective or comfortable. Thank you
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
chrisbournemouth, I have some Thermic heaters. I wouldn't be without them.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
chrisbournemouth, yes, they're great. Just make sure you get the right set up for your boots - there are quite a lot of different bits and pieces, by thermic and hotronic, for different arrangements.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
May I suggest loosening yer boots a wee bit and skiing a wee bit more energetically . ..
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
They do a good job, although don't expect your feet to be "toasty warm". A better description would be that they stop your feet getting cold rather than keeping them warm, if you know what I mean.

If you do get boot heathers make sure that you get the clips which allow you to wear the battery packs on the side of your boots rather than clipping on the back of the boots (where they can easily get smashed by low slung chairlifts).
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
chrisbournemouth, Pop over to www.snowtraxstore.co.uk at Matchams have a chat to Dan and the folk there I'm sure they wil fix you up Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
chrisbournemouth wrote:
My feet seem to be getting colder as I'm getting older! Has anyone used THERMIC boot heaters? They are fairly expensive £190 ish for rechargeable packs. Not sure if I would need the insoles as well, since I have a connector on the back of my boots. Anyone used these or something similar? I would appreciate your opinions. I have tried the disposable chemical packs and have not found them particularly effective or comfortable. Thank you

I do. They work.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Sound silly but have you tried tinfoil under your footbed, double over shiny sides out , trim down and put inside your innerboot under your footbed.
Will reflect the heat back in and help insulate.
Used this in an old pair of beet and it made a real difference.
I do know people with the hottronics / thermics and everyone seems happy, apparently just a bit fiddly to fit if you have custom footbeds.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
andy'n'netty wrote:
... apparently just a bit fiddly to fit if you have custom footbeds.
It's not too bad, you just need something like a Stanley knife to cut small holes in your footbed and liner to feed the cable from the heating element to the battery pack. I've done it for a couple of pairs of boots without any grief. Alternatively get the ski shop that you buy the heaters from to do it. I bought my current pair of Thermic heaters from CEM at Solutions4Feet and he fitted them to my boots in about 5 minutes.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks for all the helpful advice- now intend to seek out Thermic or Hottronics in preparation for skiing in January. in fact I would be tempted to wear them today- it's so bloody cold!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy