Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cheap apartment in Dolomites?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all

I'm trying to organise a DIY trip to the dolomites for myself and my partner during the second week of March. Its going to be our second trip of the season and therefore money is tight!

I've found that I can get great flights to Venice and then a very reasonable transfer to either the Val di Fassa or Val di Fiemme valleys in the Dolomites. Great I thought, but then I've been completely stumped trying to find good value self catering accommodation! I was hoping for something around the £250 mark for an apartment but that seems to be completely unrealistic unless someone knows any different?

Ideally we would like an apartment in a central village area within a short walk of a bus stop and/or cable car. Any ideas?

Failing that, does anyone know of any other areas within an inexpensive transfer of one of the northern Italian airports that has cheap accommodation? We are both reasonable skiers but mainly stick to blues and reds and would therefore need a ski area of about 100km to keep us happy for the week.

Many thanks to all.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
rightbak, you'll be very lucky to get accommodation for £250.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ciao Rightbak, Look at flights into Innsbruck. The transfer to the western Dolomites is around 90 min, cheap and easy - train or coach. Look at Castelrotto or Siusi as villages. Try the Alpe di Siusi web sites. Alpe di Siusi is a wondeful place on the egde and connected to the main Dolomiti Superski system, but you are not on the Sellaronda, thus pricing is very competitive. I dont know if you'll get within your budget, but its worth a try.
Get in touch if I can help further.
Tim
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

I was hoping for something around the £250 mark for an apartment but that seems to be completely unrealistic unless someone knows any different?

yes it is completely unrealistic. At that time of the season it would be unrealistic for even a tiny apartment in one of the scruffiest French block of sardine-apartments. And generally Italian accommodation is more expensive.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Rightbak, try this for starters....http://www.siusi.it/en/siusi-allo-sciliar/accommodations/rid-488F28E954AB4EAF96C6683A090D94FF-obermaliderhof.html
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Many thanks for all your replies.

Tim - thanks for the links. I will look into these areas further. I've only ever skied in Italy once before which was years ago and don't really know too much about the various ski areas - particularly the lesser known ones. I feel I have some further work to do!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Agree with Jtoh. Castelrotto or Siusi would be ideal for your price range compared to most other places in the DOlomites. If you do find something in your price range then be very careful as to the location. A lot of the cheaper accomodation you will see is based outside the villages of Siusi and Castelrotto and although you may have access to a ski bus, it may not be frequent. The gondola to ALpe DI SIusi is based on the outskirts of the village of Siusi and is walkable from some accomodation in that village though I wouldn't do it in ski boots. The ski bus service in the village itself is excellant as it is from Castelrotto which is about ten minutes away.

You can read my review of staying if Siusi here:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=5047&start=200

It's half way down the page and is titled "Seiser Alm"
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Tried hard to find something similar last year but with little success. the Dolomites are charming because of their lack of high rise cheap apartment blocks so you really are going to be quite stumped. We ended up paying 1600 Euros for a place in Corvara for 8 of us for the week.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'm not sure how close any of these are to where you want to be, but there are some there in your price range:

http://www.booking.com/searchresults.en-us.html?aid=322178;label=Hotel-e-v7Th1b*KtZnYqR*dGq9O_wS19239595966%3Apl%3Ata%3Ap1%3Ap2230%2C000%3Aac%3Aap1s1%3Anes;sid=a2b308fc03575140c70c64948f05bfe4;dcid=1;checkin_monthday=9;checkin_year_month=2013-3;checkout_monthday=16;checkout_year_month=2013-3;class_interval=1;csflt={};nflt=ht_id%3D201%3B;offset=0;pr=0%2C40;pr_cur_code=GBP;radius=0;region=3735;review_score_group=empty;score_min=0;si=ai%2Cco%2Cci%2Cre%2Cdi;src=index;ssb=empty;order=price_for_two
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy