Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Salomon BBR Ski's

Poster: A snowHead
Has any one had any experience with these ski's ? doing a ski instructor course in Jan and wondered if they would be good for this Puzzled
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've only used them for a few runs in the Fridge at Hemmel ....
I did not like them at all.
I could not see what all the hype was about. Perhaps you just have to get used to them.

Check out http://www.realskiers.com/

Try a pair of Salomon 24 Race ... that is a very under rated piece of wood.

Where are you doing your course?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cheers for the reply.. tried them myself at Hemel..really liked them felt they snapped really well into the turn....going to Big White Canada
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi silverback !

I've only used them for a few runs in the Fridge at Hemmel ....
I did not like them at all.
I could not see what all the hype was about. Perhaps you just have to get used to them.

Check out http://www.realskiers.com/

Try a pair of Salomon 24 Race ... that is a very under rated piece of wood.

Where are you doing your course?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
silverback, what sort of course are you doing? That might make a difference.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
csia level 1 & 2
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

Big White Canada

That should be good ... so you'll be a CSIA instructor!
(I did one at Lake Louise last season.)
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
how did you get on ? and what skis did you use ?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You've trumped me then ... I just did the level 1.
But really try a few sets of boards out before you plumb for those BBR things.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
also tried Scott reverse...good !!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I too wanted to try BBR but they were all out at the ski shop in Banff.

So on their advice I took out the Salomon 24h Race. I really liked em.
They suggested the that the Kastle MX's would be really good ...
But I tried the Salomon enduro TX800 ... that was pretty good too.
by the time I wanted to try the Kastles they did have anything my size.

I tried the Kastles in the Fridge in March ... and the WERE REALLY GOOD .. but very expensive.

I tried a pair of Salomon X Kart on Titlis for a day in March, they look like 24h, but with a rocker, but I was disappointed, perhaps it was just a bad day Sad

I have since bought a pair of Salomon Enduro TX800, and used them in the Fridge.
And I could not help myself last week and bought a pair of the 24h race second hand.
I'm taking both pairs to Tignes on Saturday .... Woo Wooooooooooo!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
"Snot & Puke"
had quite a test session for most of March & April ...
so I tried just about everything they had in the Fridge over a few days.

But I kept going back to the Kastle MX.

If you get a chance you must try them, they are an absolutely "old School" parabolic, but they feel so sweet.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I had a great time on the Level 1 course and you'll get a lot more from the Level 2.
How long are you going to spend there?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
go on 07/12 and come back 14 or 21 /04
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
You'll probably be better off on something fairly piste orientated. Head Supershape Titans are a good bet, something 75-85 underfoot is probably best for the demos and stuff you will need to do. Also normally good to be on similar style skis to your students and the vast majority of rental skis are bog standard piste/carving skis.

I'm heading to Canada in the morning and I have Volkl Tigershark 10ft (75mm, 15ish m radius) and Volkl Mantras (96mm? not sure of radius 20+m?) as my two pairs. Will teach primarily on the Tigersharks and have the Mantras for fun skiing!

Good luck, the main thing is having a pair of skis you're happy on and feel comfortable with.
latest report
I have a pair of these - 8.9 176cm. Bought them this time last year and skied them all last season. Great ski. Really good as a genuine all mountain ski. They are excellent both on piste for big carves and off piste they handle everything that is thrown at them. A friend of mine borrowed mine for a day and went out and bought some as he liked them so much. I've just bought my wife the new ladies version.
Where they are not so good is if you want to really work them hard on piste. I have a pair of Fischer Slalom Race ski's for that and the two pairs give me endless days of fun and are very different. A few people have said that they find the BBR's a little unstable at speed but I can honestly say I've never had that problem and if you put them in a straight line they are pretty quick.
All in all I would definitely recommend.
ski holidays
Cheers for that..heading off in the morning ?i'm not very jealous have a cracking time where are you going in canada ?
ski holidays
Tried them at Tamworth tonight, in a word boring! Next up were Armada TSTs, in the words of the rep, same concept as the BBRs but these actually work. Have to say he was right, my favourite skis of the night, fast, lively cut well behaved even on Tamworth hardpack.
ski holidays
I'm going to be at Cypress in Vancouver. Bloody flight's delayed though!!
snow report
Bbrs were everywhere in Chamonix last year. As an all mountain ski I don't think they would be right for a basic instructors course, think slow motion snowplough.
snow report
Tried the bbr's out a few weeks back and was ready to be amazed by them, but was really disappointed tbh. To me they just felt dead and had to be worked really hard to begin to get something back from them. I'd also say they are probably not the best ski for early level instructor exams, a more piste orientated ski would be a better bet.

After trying out a few pairs of skis I've ended up buying some Scott Reverses with the Guardian binding on. At 87mm waist width they will be good on piste but should cope with off piste well too.
snow conditions
I rang S & R earlier in the year for my daughter to demo skis, telling them that she needed them for her BASI1. They recommended BBR's which surprised me. However we totally ignored them and she demoed some Blizzard Viva Ultrasonic Sport Full Suspension from EB and bought them. They helped her skiing no end and she passed her L1 in the summer.
ski holidays
Colin B, Random faulty advice from them and you are surprised?
ski holidays
Colin B wrote:
I rang S & R earlier in the year for my daughter to demo skis, telling them that she needed them for her BASI1. They recommended BBR's which surprised me.

That's outstandingly bad advice. Chapeau to them.
snow conditions
I tried BBR's, what a pile of crap.

A Ski like HEAD Magnum or Titan would be ideal for BASI courses, they'll do everything asked of them.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy