Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kosy Boots

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
http://www.whizzski.co.uk/

OK, these may not be the most glamorous item of equipment I've ever seen (understatement of the year, but in all black I think they're bearable and my boots aren't pretty either), but as you may have noticed there's a consistent theme running through most of my posts - cold! And cold feet are one of the biggest issues. I had intended to buy heated boots, but as my boots are costing waaaay more than I'd budgeted that's not an option for now. As I have dinky feet I'd be looking at a child's pair of these, so not too expensive and I could put them on my Christmas list.

The question is, has anyone used them please and do they work?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Just neoprene insulation, traps air, stops ingress of snow. Kosy Boots are massively overpriced compared to competing products however.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
HelenS wrote:
http://www.whizzski.co.uk/
The question is, has anyone used them please and do they work?

In principal yes. I know these do and those cute bunny wabbit ones seem basically the same idea Very Happy.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I got something similar from Canada "boot gloves" utterly brilliant. What also helps is making sure you take the liners out of your boots when you finish skiing so you can dry them out, store boots and liners at room temp so they are not freezing before you start.
If I'm putting mine on at the hotel/chalet I give them a blast from the hairdryer first.
If I'm putting them on at the slope I either put a couple of snap to activate hand warmers in them and put my ski socks in the ankles to warm them up on the drive/bus (storing them in the car not boot). If you can't be bothered with hand warmers then boil a kettle and half fill a couple of empty water bottles to shove down into the boots instead. Staying warm is easier than getting warm.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I find they catch on gates
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I purchased something similar last season but not as ugly or as expensive. Think they are called Alpenheat. They did help when it's -15 and you suffer from Raynaud's. I did also stick some of the hand warmer teabag things between the boot and boot gloves and I also use boot heaters till the second before I put my boots on.
When packing tomorrow I'll check the what they are called.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for the input everyone and te tips on keeping the boots warm till the last minute - will definitely use those. Little Angel

I was looking at these particular covers because they have the full version that fits right around the ankle as well as over the toe area. In light of the comments, I emailed the company with some questions and thought others might be interested in the reply if considering something similar:

"... explain how neoprene is made. They take a sheet of rubber and inject air this creates an effect a bit like double glazing! Then you can leave it like that or you can attach a cover of varying thickness/quality and colours. All Kosy Boots are made from 5mm neoprene with a cover on the outside and inside thus adding to its warmth (double lined). In addition to this the seams are taped which increases its durability. The protector patches are there to minimise wear and tear from the toe bindings (they do not compromise the saftety of the bindings), and also from the inside edges of your ski. The webbing strap that goes underneath has been designed so that it rests in the instep of the boot and not (as my competitors have) underneath the toe which I believe has safety issues. Also their neoprene is single lined, thinner and the seams are not taped.
Kosy Boots take 55 minutes to make and are hand made in England using German manufactured neoprene so are of a high quality. I think the Junior model is fantastic value for money and should last you well."

As I am a small size and can wear the junior boot that is mentioned, the price for a full boot covering is only fractionally higher than for the toe covering versions I've seen. Also I like the idea of supporting the UK economy and a cottage industry so I will probably try these. If so, I'll report back after the holiday.

Thanks again. Little Angel
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy