Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pre ski warm up routine

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Apologies for starting a new thread as I'm sure there's advice on here about this already, but I just can't find it!

I have big problems staying warm, especially my extremities, and it's been suggested to me that making sure my body temperature is higher before I set off would make a big difference. This makes sense (after a workout I stay warm for quite a long time), so does anyone have a good warm up routine they use in the hotel before hitting the slopes that would not only help protect against injury, improve flexion etc but also warm up my core temp enough please?

Obviously I don't want to do so much I'm sweating or tire my muscles out!

Thanks. Little Angel
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
tbh, a good brisk walk would probably be enough, especially if you're carrying kit and wearing ski boots. The best way to improve flexion is to stretch at the end of the day, when the muscles are warm and more accepting of it. Stretching when cold, in the morning, won't have as much benefit.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'd also take a look at what you're wearing to see if you can improve that. Warming up beforehand is a good idea but it's not going to keep you warm for much longer in an environment where you're already having problems keeping warm.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the feedback. Little Angel I'm looking at all aspects of staying warm, but I'd read someone's advice somewhere about warming up like this and how much easier it is to retain heat. There was another post with a crack which made it sound as if the poster has pointed out to people that they should warm-up (from a safety perspective) before hitting the slopes many times before, but are usually ignored - I was kinda hoping they might see this thread and reply, but this forum is a lot quieter than some of the others I guess.
Thanks again though.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
HelenS, As above from feef, then a run of short radius turns with pole plant should do it, imagine skis going 10 to 2 on a clock face, really warms everthing up to start the day.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.

http://youtube.com/v/XKAdwNrQNb0
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Maybe it's just me, but after getting my boots on etc and getting to the first lift I'm more likely to need a rest than a warmup Smile
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
finestgreen, dexamphetamine?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Well!!First of all we should be take care of the health and fitness issues.Exercises are the
best way for keep fitness and good health.Different exercise for warm up of the body.
But i like running for body warm up and keep good fitness...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy