Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Salomon Fish skis (Junior) for my (small) girlfriend!??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

i have been tasked with buying some skis for my 5'2" girlfreind. She has been on i think 4 ski holidays and is getting to the top end of the beginner category. She can hold her own on a red but not yet been on black runs etc.

She was using some roxy twin tip skis the first time she rented some and loved them and as i am very twin-tip bias, am looking to get her a set of twin tips(not that i am expecting back flips any time soon haha).

I came accross some 2007 141cm salomon fish skis (junior version of the 1080 twin tip) but as these are Junior skis, will this hold her back???

These are also at the very lower end of the ski size for her as these would just come to her mouth (which i said would be fun and very light as my 1080s come to my mouth and they are my favourites event hough they could be argues as being a bit short).

There are also some 149cm K2 Missdemeanor skis that i came accross (but may need redrilling) and thinking in the long run, these may be better? (and also i believe the k2 skis have wood core as opposed to the foam core in the fish)

What do you guys think? Or would you rethink this whole strategy and go with some 141/145 (ish) normal/alpine skis

Thanks

Mark
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I wouldn't buy kids skis for an adult. I like my K2s. If your getting twin tips don't forget they ski shorter than they measure so it is normal to go 5-10 cm longer than you think you need.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy