Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Are my skis too long?

Poster: A snowHead

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 28-11-12 16:29; edited 4 times in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No. You are too short.

wink
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
downhillalltheway wrote:
No. You are too short.

wink

thanks so helpful
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
superduper97, Some people introduce themselves first and type in English.

Welcome to snowHeads btw.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
superduper97, if they're twin tips with rocker then that's perfectly fine. If not, then that's fine as well, probably not ideal but still fine.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Timmaah wrote:
superduper97, if they're twin tips with rocker then that's perfectly fine. If not, then that's fine as well, probably not ideal but still fine.

ye they are twin tips but what is a rocker? sorry these are my first skies
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
yes
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
4cm shorter than you is ideal
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Timbobaggins, oh dear... mine are 12cm taller than me Sad
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
[quote="Spyderman"]superduper97, Some people introduce themselves first and type in English.

How rude, that is not the way to welcome a new member. Honestly, skiiers are not middle class, university educated, elitists, but from the comments of some people you would think so. We are not all expert orthographers.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
superduper97, level 3 on whose scale?

Typically skis chin to nose height would be appropriate....
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
superduper97, welcome to Snowheads. snowHead Presumably you've rented skis in the past? How do your new skis compare to what you've had before? What sort of skiing do you like to do? And where?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
superduper97 wrote:
Timmaah wrote:

ye they are twin tips but what is a rocker? sorry these are my first skies

This will do a much better job at explaining it than I could!

http://www.evo.com/rocker-guide-what-is-rocker-and-why-does-it-matter.aspx

So ya, the height's not ideal but it's fine Smile
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
bargainbill wrote:
Spyderman wrote:
Some people introduce themselves first and type in English.

How rude, that is not the way to welcome a new member. Honestly, skiiers are not middle class, university educated, elitists, but from the comments of some people you would think so. We are not all expert orthographers.

You're right it is rude, to join an forum without introducing yourself, asking a question immediately, expecting a qualified answer, contributing nothing and then probably disappearing never to be seen again.
As for myself, I'm neither middle class, nor university educated, certainly not elitist.
As for being an expert in orthography, well I can use spell check, btw there's only one 'i' in skiers.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
bargainbill wrote:
Honestly, skiiers are not middle class, university educated, elitists

Yes, but wouldn't it be so much nicer if they were?
latest report
Skis don't know how tall you are.
ski holidays
Quote:

Skis don't know how tall you are.

but there's a leverage issue, isn't there?
ski holidays
I think it's just as likely that the original poster is a middle-classed, university educated elitist and some of you are being suckered.
snow conditions
pam w, well, marginal I'd say. Weight and pressure are what the ski can feel. Height only works if everyone has the same BMI and skis at the same speed and with the same dynamism.
snow report
Bode Swiller wrote:
pam w, well, marginal I'd say. Weight and pressure are what the ski can feel. Height only works if everyone has the same BMI and skis at the same speed and with the same dynamism.

If you want to get pedantic, I'd say build was more important then BMI (apart from the fact that BMI is flawed anyway Wink )

For the same height and weight, a pear-shaped woman woud have a lower center of gravity than a man with a well built upper-body.

That being said, I'm not sure 5cm either way would make a ski unskiable to anyone.
ski holidays

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Wed 28-11-12 16:30; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
Bye rolling eyes
ski holidays
... and breathe.. Cool
latest report
superduper97 wrote:
Well I'm definitely not coming back here again I was actually going to stay here and get no no some people but some off you people are a bunch off ass holes

And I am dyslexic so stfu

Dyslexia : (n) an inability to use a spell checker when a problem with spelling is already acknowledged.

(too harsh?)
snow report
feef,

No spell-checker yet invented can make up for gibberish like this..

Quote:
Well I'm definitely not coming back here again I was actually going to stay here and get no no some people but some off you people are a bunch off ass holes
ski holidays
I Am Dyslexic
by superduper97 (age 14)

The skies are a view centre.
Meters above my head they are free.
They are twin.
These are my first skies.
Going to stay here and get... no. No.
And I am dyslexic.
ski holidays
When did this place turn into TGR Puzzled
latest report
feef wrote:
For the same height and weight, a pear-shaped woman woud have a lower center of gravity than a man with a well built upper-body.
Where your COG is doesn't change your weight. Anyway, my point is, after a century or more of people buying/renting skis, people still talk in terms of height when it is mostly irrelevant.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

an inability to use a spell checker when a problem with spelling is already acknowledged.

Puzzled every single word in the opening post is correctly spelt. Doesn't mean they are all correct, in context (maybe a bit like playing all the right notes but not necessarily in the right order) but spell checkers are not good at context.

The question was intelligible. And perhaps you shouldn't expect somebody with such extreme problems with spelling to compose an elegant essay to introduce themselves.

He's right, you are ass-holes.

I was going to suggest losing some weight..... wink
snow report
Dyslexic and foreign might explain it. SFUT Very Happy
snow report
Bode Swiller wrote:
feef wrote:
Where your COG is doesn't change your weight. Anyway, my point is, after a century or more of people buying/renting skis, people still talk in terms of height when it is mostly irrelevant.

I have telescopic legs. How tall should my skis be??
ski holidays
Bode Swiller wrote:
feef wrote:

It doesn't change your weight but it will change the moment of inertia relative to the ski
snow report
Mr Piehole, Thats sounds like a Bowie song.
ski holidays
Red Leon, tall enough to disappear up your ass-hole (right on topic that)
ski holidays
feef wrote:
Bode Swiller wrote:
feef wrote:

It doesn't change your weight but it will change the moment of inertia relative to the ski

it depends if you are turning the ski or letting the ski turn you.
latest report
Actually, scrap that. I don't care.
snow report
pam w, for once I agree with you entirely.
snow report
superduper97 wrote:
Well I'm definitely not coming back here again I was actually going to stay here and get to no some people but some off you people are a bunch off ass holes

And I am dyslexic so stfu

I think he would have fitted in just fine.
snow report
Red Leon wrote:
feef,

Quote:

It's the poor donkey I feel for... Drilling holes in pack-animals is cruel.
snow conditions
feef wrote:
Red Leon wrote:
feef,

Quote:

It's the poor donkey I feel for... Drilling holes in pack-animals is cruel.

Wouldn't that be 'ass-holers'?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy