Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Zell am See for Easter

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All

Just wondering if anyone had any thoughts or experience of snow conditions in Zell am See during the Easter holidays. I'm taking my 5 year old for the first time so wanted a family friendly resort, which Zell appears to be, but I'm slightly worried about the snow cover so late on in the season. Any advise would be greatly received or if anyone had any other resort suggestions. Unfortunately we're tied to that week so can't change the dates. Thanks.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I was there at half term, so can't comment on March, but if you get the pass covering Kaprun as well (glacier), I'd have thought you have all bases covered. Buses to Kaprun leave all the time.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
RedorDead, I've been there at Easter when there has been 1 run open on the top of the Schmittenhoe, and another year when there has been snow in the town. Usually the conditions fall somewhere inbetween!

If you get the lift pass that covers the kitzsteinhorn glacier then there won't be any problems with getting good snow - it might just be very busy.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
RedorDead, I would have thought there were loads of resorts, throughout the Alps, where you'd have a better chance of snow on the doorstep - having to schlep to a crowded glacier with a 5 year old doesn't sound much fun.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Don't bank on Schmitenhohe being fully open, but Kaprun will be...We had the best conditions we have ever experienced last Easter with 20-40cm of powder at night for 5 out of 7 nights followed by bluebird days...We will be there again this christmas and Easter and have been going for the last 7 years.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've been at Easter when it was a couple of weeks later than next year and it snowed at village level for the first five days we were there. No guarantees that it'll be good next year though but as others say plenty of glacier skiing around.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks all, appreciate your feedback.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
RedorDead, Easter is a wee bit earlier this year so it maybe OK. Like all resorts, Easter can be a difficult call. I've skied there in fresh powder at the end of April, and had flowers on the Arietbahn slopes in March! Plenty of time to wait yet to see how the season begins to pan out.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We were pretty much the last ones on Schmittenhoe on closing day in April this year. Fun on the slush. Have been there earlier with far less snow. Kitzsteinhorn should still be in fine shape, though arguably less family friendly due to the access to the mountain requiring a driveor bus followed by 2 bubbles before you a ski anything.

Zell can be lovely that time of year, if you fancy a day off the mountain its a great place just to soak up the scenery
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy