Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Arraba Advice

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm planning a trip on the 15th of December and there are a few deals available for Arraba. My mate has never skied before but should pick it up rather quickly as he's a top sportsman.

I'll send him to the snow dome to get started but will Arraba be too challenging for a beginner?

When I started I had one lesson on a dry slope and then I was off to Morzine and self taught from there on.

Snow's falling there now Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
sean1967 wrote:

Snow's falling there now Very Happy

I bloody hope so...out there a week later Laughing

As to your question, although I've not been (and there are many here that have), assuming sufficient snow, I believe there is a reasonable area with several blue runs that, on past Italian run grading experience, ought to be fine for your mate.

As I say, many others here better qualified to qualify that.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There are a few threads with more detail but providing you head up the boe side and not the marmalada side then its easy.

Although you do have to do a somtimes bumpy red or two to come back that way
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Marmolada side heading towards Canazei would give a barsteward start to the day.
Marmolada side heading towards Marmolada and back is not so bad (edit: with download option if necessary).
But yeah Boe side heading towards Corvara/Colfosco or San Cassiano is alright, and as above, the bumpy bits are on the way home.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
sean1967, Encourage your mate to get as much basic tuition done before going out to Arabba - as others have said the Boe side will be best, but get him off the nursery area asap to explore the wonderful ski area available to you. Loads of blues available from Cherz, if you can get the two of you there. Trip back is not too bad, especially as the dreaded T bar has gone now. If your mate is sporty, has good balance and is 'up for it' then it should not be problem getting back down to Arabba
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Will he have lessons while he's out there? We're out for Christmas and will be having 3 x 1/2 days tuition while there (Jnr and I reasonable intermediates, the OH an advanced but cautious skier), suits us well as it gives time to learn some new stuff/improve and also gives 3 full days to explore.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Agree with most of the comments about heading up towards Colfosco/Covara. You can then link across into some lovely cruisy blues in the Prolongia. But the drop back into Arabba tends to be steep and lumpy reds that can be quite busy at the end of the day. Could be a bit over-facing for a beginner. If you could be based in Covara or Colfosco the terrain would be more condusive to a beginner (who might make batter progress if they knew every day did have to end on a steeper note).

Its a great ski area and you'll have a blast - Selle Ronda has to be on every skiers bucket list. Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
sean1967, We've skied the area with a mixed group on a couple of occasions and albeit fitness will help, the reality is he will be slower than you and waiting is painful, especially in the shade. The rule for us is now ski school/lessons and ski together on the last day or two. If you are going to devote yourself to teaching him that's another matter and you are to be applauded.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy