Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Couple looking for 1 week 02/02/2013 France , Austria , Italy...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello theres snowheads,

This year i went to Tignes Les Brévieres in January being 2 couples and 1 friend and it was amazing!

We loved it!!! Very Happy

This year thought i´m just goig with my my girlfriend so i´m looking for some advice...

I´m intermediate snowboarder and she´s beginner but OK wink

There are so many options out there that i need to narrow down.

Mainly i´m looking "cheap" , goodvalue , i´m traveling from London , 1 week , doesn´t matter if it´s Austria , France or Italy.

Main issues: Probably get transfer and don´t hire car , if possible romantic snowHead snowHead , that´s about it!

I´ve seen one apartment in Les Balcons in 2 Alps from a post from last year but i know that i can find better!

I´m all ears

Thank you Cool Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm also looking for the above! All the major ski holiday providors are geared up for groups of four or more so you end up having to pay for an under occupancy charge which is dead money. Does anyone know of any good websites that offer holidays suitable for two people?

Also interested in a week's skiing, France, Austria or Italy, late Feb early March...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Try www.alpineanswers.co.uk. They have a range of deals from some of the biggest TOs that get better the longer you are willing to watch the clock tick down. There is a mix of travel not/included for drivers.

Aside from whole-chalet lets, all the offers on the above site are for two.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi Jony azenhas. Depends a bit on your version of romantic?! Private apartment on the slopes with you cooking dinner for her by candlelight (sounds like it), or a nice hotel and lots of dinners out, or a catered chalet with staff and other guests to serenade you over dinner every night?! Is your main priority to start by finding the right ski area, then choosing where to stay, or the right place to stay, then hoping its a good ski area? Can hopefully help more if we know a bit more wink

dredgey.. you will find lots of independent chalets will take 2's and 3's to fill spaces they have around larger groups, especially for march.

cheers
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks flowa , i´ll have a look Smile

Alex , because i´ve always been in France (Tignes , Val , Méribel , Val Thorens) i was thinking towards Áustria or Italy.

I´ve heard and seen on the web beautiful things about Áustria and also the Dolomites (scenery).

Mainly apartment because i enjoy my cooking and i´m going a little bit on a budget but i´m open to all ideas!!

For example if i would see a small chalet even sharing but the place was stunning i would go for it!

The other concern is travel , i´ve always been thru geneva and to go to Italy would be different and maybe Áustria.

I´ve heard about a beautiful lake in Áustria but i can´t remember the name (or was it Itay?!) ahahahahah.

In terms of skiing it only has to be "OK" , i´m going more on a relaxed trip (Val disére is still my favourite) so plenty of blues and some reds would be fine!
Very Happy

So stunning scenery , relaxed atomesphere (although we like to party) , best bunch for the buck , that´s about it..

I´ve thought about Ishgl , Domomites , and Switzerland as well but i only can find "expensive" options!

Thanks for all the help , what i really need is to see options and go from there wink
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
By the way Zermatt is one of my dreams since i was a kid but bloody expensive!!! Twisted Evil
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
...found what I was looking for right under my nose with Crystal Ski. Normally I'm a bit pesimistic of the package holiday offerings but I found a week self catering in La Tania, 2nd March, passes, ski carriage for me, hire and lessons for my wife, all in for £1,400. I had figured the 3 valleys was out of budget but I'm super chuffed!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
dredgey wrote:
...found what I was looking for right under my nose with Crystal Ski. Normally I'm a bit pesimistic of the package holiday offerings but I found a week self catering in La Tania, 2nd March, passes, ski carriage for me, hire and lessons for my wife, all in for £1,400. I had figured the 3 valleys was out of budget but I'm super chuffed!

That´s good! I´ve stayed in Méribel 2 years ago very cheap but we where a group.

I´ve been in La Tania before skiing and it´s lovely Smile Smile Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ok , so i think i´ll go to the Dolomites , any sugestions? Very Happy
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Well, there's always the snowHeads Birthday Bash that week in the Dolomites.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
There you go son, you can thank me later

Total party price(details)

£1147.40

Also includes:
All compulsory taxes and charges
Accommodation
Hotel Cesa Rotic, Canazei Crystal Ski Rating 2

2 Adults

7 nights Half board

Travel

London Gatwick to Verona

Sat 5 Jan 2013

Dep: 06:35

Arr: 09:40

Verona to London Gatwick

Sat 12 Jan 2013

Dep: 10:50

Arr: 12:05

Rooms

1 x Hotel room
( Sleeps 2-3 )
2 Adults

Extras
Return transfers by coach

Pre-bookable bundles

1 x Area lift pass & intermediate ski hire bundle (16-65 years)

1 x Area lift pass & ski carriage bundle (16-65 years)

Or if you have to go in February

Your holiday details

Total party price(details)

£1526.00

Travel
London Gatwick to Verona

Sat 2 Feb 2013

Dep: 06:35

Arr: 09:40

Verona to London Gatwick

Sat 9 Feb 2013

Dep: 10:50

Arr: 12:05

Rooms
1 x Hotel room
( Sleeps 2-2 )
2 Adults

Extras
Return transfers by coach
Pre-bookable bundles

1 x Area lift pass & intermediate ski hire bundle (16-65 years)

1 x Area lift pass & ski carriage bundle (16-65 years)
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy