Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Friedrichshafen - St. Anton, transfer advice needed

Poster: A snowHead
Looks like my second trip of the season will be to St Anton. Phil's booked flights via Ryanair to Friedrichshafen in March, and a B&B for 12-13 lads, but has not sorted out the transfer yet. He's suggested that we don't hire a minibus but get there by train or taxi ... I've checked on www.a-t-s.net but they don't do Friedrichshafen .... any further suggestions or hints. Both inbound and return flights are at sensible times.

Not been to St Anton before so quite chuffed (old fashioned Yorkshire expression), B&B seems to be right next to the Nasserian Gondola! So any reports on the Hotel Pepi Gabl would also be great.

Many thanks in advance
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You could look here - I don't have any experience of them.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You could try sending a pm to barbarella, who appears to live in St Anton, she may be able to offer some advice.

On this thread, there is mention of a 2 hour journey by train. http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=94102#94102
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Alastair thats great it seems to tie in with the Ryanair flights - we'll look into this. Thanks. Other info is useful .. having seen all this it does seem silly hiring cars / vans.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bus to Friedrichshafen Station. train to Bregenz change trains to St Anton. Its quite painless & easy.

However if there a 12-13 of you I guess a bus would be much cheaper.
Give these guys a call/email they maybe able to fix you up .
http://www.arlbergexpress.com
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
stevew, what dates you gonna be there??? There will be 6 of us there from the 11th to the 19th March Wink
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Charlatanefc

Another 6 guys ?

Plus the 12-13 from stevew.

Sounds as if St Anton is going to struggle shrugging of its gay reputaion Sad
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Charlatanefc, We're flying on 11/03 and returning 18/03, nearer the time I'll conact you and see about meeting up ... not finally booked yet but seems fairly certain now. stanton, I know! Rob, Phil's mate has tagged these trips "Homski"; although I can assure you we all have genuine hetrosexual credentials! Razz
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
stanton, stevew, 5 lads and 1 girl (one of the lads' girlfriends insists on coming with us). If we meet up stevew, he'll be the one with the thumb print on his forehead Wink Although one of our mates is working in the resort as a ski-guide, and his girlfriend is running a chalet there, so hopefully there may well be a few chalet girls in tow Little Angel
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:
Charlatanefc
Although one of our mates is working in the resort as a ski-guide
>> another seasoned Arlberg expert ???

Quote:

and his girlfriend is running a chalet there, so hopefully there may well be a few chalet girls in tow
>>> You can allways tell them , they are the one who cannot speak a word of German Very Happy
[/quote]
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
stanton wrote:
Bus to Friedrichshafen Station ...

Isn't the train station just outside the airport? It's a while since I was there but I thought it was a spit from the doorway ...
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
stanton,
Quote:

>> another seasoned Arlberg expert ???

Yup, he used to run the Rosanna (I think) for Mark Warner's
Quote:

You can allways tell them , they are the one who cannot speak a word of German

heh heh, I know all the german I need : "Zwei Grosse Bier, Bitte!" Wink
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Charlatanefc,

Only two beers your a bit of a lighweight for a Anglophile ? Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

Isn't the train station just outside the airport? It's a while since I was there but I thought it was a spit from the doorway ...

Yup, it certainly is.

Did this a couple of years ago and it was very easy - Ryanair to Friedrichshafen then train to St Anton and it worked very well. Train station is right opposite the terminal, one change in Bregenz (I think) and a couple of hours later you're in the resort. It's got to be better than getting a coach or taxi.

Anyway, if you fancy doing it this way, here is the train link:

http://www.oebb.at/vip8/oebb/de/

Good luck and have a great holiday!!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
stanton, you wouldn't say that if you saw me in real life Wink Let's just say I'm not athletically built Wink
latest report
hi,

try www.ski-transfers.com, a new community site to get range of ski transfer quotes.

cheers

Xaver
latest report
www.airport-bus.at
€uros 60 return & scheduled to serve the Ryanair flights. Fairly short transfer times.
But with 12 you probably can arrange private transfers for similar money.
latest report
Xaver, Lechbob, thanks guys but the topic you're reviving is 2 years old! We got a hire Vito in the end and had a great time. We did meet up with Charlatanefc in the Fang (bar!) but I didn't realise it was him until afterwards Very Happy

Edited once for grammar and where we met the Liverpudlian(sp)
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy