Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Avoriaz PDS pass discount and activation

Poster: A snowHead
Hi - hopefully someone can help?
If we order our 6x PDS passes in November for the 10% discount, do they need activating on arrival - or will they work from day 1 ?
If they need activating - does anyone know where the SERMA office is to activate ? Top or bottom of Les Prodains?
We are staying at the bottom of Les Prodains cable, arrive late Sunday evening with lessons Monday morning 9am at the top.
Hopefully we will receive our passes through the post - but then can we then arrive at the bottom of Les Prodains, to get the cable up - ready for lessons ?
Or will someone have to pay for Les Prodains - take all passes up - get them activated, to bring them back for the others ?
I've searched around - but cannot find any help - and am confused.
thanks
PeteD
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
peteinyork, I can't help but I would like to know the same-ish. I have ordered ours online and would ideally like to drive straight round to the Ardent bubble on the first morning without having to do anything else with them first.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ours didn't need activitating last year.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Whenever I have recharged cards on line they have worked just by swiping at the gate - I guess it will be the same with new ordered cards.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks guys, sounds promising...except they haven't arrived yet, ordered about 2 weeks ago Confused
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the replies...these will be newly order cards, not top-ups.
I don't like the sound of them not arriving after 2 weeks - did you pay standard postage or was there a recorded option ?
Maybe they don't send until the discount perioid has finished / season has started ?
thanks
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
peteinyork, there was only one postage option offered for about 4E if I remember rightly or else you could pick them up in resort. I might drop them an email.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
sarah wrote:
peteinyork, there was only one postage option offered for about 4E if I remember rightly or else you could pick them up in resort. I might drop them an email.
Hey, I have the same issue, however its not the activation of the pass that bothers me, its the fact i havent recieved myn yet and i ordered them of f the Avoriaz website a week and half ago. peteinyork you were correct there is only one option on the site and its for 3 euro p&p. Have you recieved yours yet?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
No not received mine yet, it has been two weeks now. If nothing in post tomorrow I will email them.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Mine arrived after about ten days.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Please let me know what they say to your email as im getting slightly worrid, dont know what there stance are on things getting lost in the post, refunds, reissues etc. There was no option for postal insurance and i forked out a hell of alot (as we all have) for multipul lift passes. After taking money off the group to purchase these i Dont know how they would react to giving me another 170 each for more passes lol. Iv just looked on my email from them and my postcode doesnt look right, anyone else had that? I am 100% i input it correct as i double checked it as i was worrid about it. they have missed off the ending for examle FY3 0 and the 2 last letters are missing. This is a copy from there email

the windmill
Staining
Lancashire
England
fy3 0 Blackpool

Thats how my address shows! I learnt where i live the day i moved in and that is not where i live nor how i filled in the fields in the address section. Has anyone elses done this?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
karltownsend87, I wouldn't worry, I'm not really worried. I will let youknow what they say when I get a reply. I expect that it's just that the season hasn't started yet and so they're not really up to speed. Postcodes always get clipped in French forms as they only have a 5 digit one and so can't accommodate ours, I usually put mine in another field.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hey all, especially sarah, Just read this thread with interest as I am staying in Chatel in Feb and thought about buying this pass... Just been to the Avoriaz website and noticed this on the website...

'1st access to slopes, compulsory through Avoriaz'...

I am going to assume that this means you cannot buy this pass and go straight to any lift in the PDS, it has to be authorised through a lift in Avoriaz...???????

Edited to say that it appears each PDS village is offering the same pass discount so you will need to have purchased the pass form the village you are staying in...

Sorry if this was obvious... Just thought it might be worth saying... Very Happy
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
AlpineAddict, no it's not obvious, not to me anyway! I am hoping that my passes (if they turn up) bought online from Morzine can be used straightaway at the Ardent bubble as it's the same sector.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
We bought Avoriaz passes online the year before last and they didn't arrive for ages, in the end I queried and was told don't panic, they only send them out something like 2 weeks before you go, a bit like concert tickets I suppose.

That's the good news, the bad news is that none of them worked when we tried to use them, they had all lost the magnetic coding (or however it is that they work) somehow in transit / storage. Luckily we had a private lesson booked on day 1 and our instructor sorted it out for us, but the lift pass office were trying to insist it was our fault for keeping them with our mobile phones or something and damaging them. I'm not sure they would have replaced them without him to help us. 2 (of the 4) died again later in the week but they did replace those without much hassle.

Bought Les Arcs ones online last year and had no problems at all.
latest report
sarah, I am sure you'll be ok at the Ardent lift if you bought them from the Morzine site... LIke you said, it is considered as Morzine anyhow... Are you staying up in St Jean d'Aulps or Montriond?? Or just wanted better access without having to get up to Avoriaz?
snow report
AlpineAddict, we'll be taking kids over to Pre la Joux for lessons so thought that would be the best access, 2 lifts up and ski straight down.
snow conditions
sarah, Are the kids pretty competent already? Not the easiest run for first one in the morning (though it gets more cut up later in the day).

I would say it is a standard red run standard but can be busy. Probably on the wrong thread here!
snow report
DJL, one is very competent, the other will be downloading, I have it on authority that she will be able to. Thanks for thinking of it though Smile
snow report
sarah, Sounds like you are on top of that.

Nice soft core bumps/off piste if you take the right hand route from below the top of the ridge then turn off the path to the left.

I took my friends competent teenage sons down there last year and they loved it! nice warm up for your competent one.
ski holidays
I've bought PdS passes and I think I got them from the Avoriaz website without spotting the "first use in Avoriaz" thing - but I'm assuming that means any lift on the Avoriaz pass - ie Super Morzine will be ok? We tend to go up that way on the first day as those blues tend to be quietish and a nice way to get the kids' ski legs back.
snow report
Had a reply to my email sent 4 days ago at 01.32 this morning! It's very brief but answers the question:

Quote:
Bonjour,

Nous commençons les expéditions cette semaine.

Cordialement,

Frédéric

I'll post again when it arrives.
snow report
Arrived this morning. 4 weeks since I ordered them but still in good time for the trip.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy