Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dog Tag

Poster: A snowHead
Is it just me or are these guys proving way too expensive this season, nearly £80 more than last season fpr the same cover??
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
how much more expensive are the others year to year ?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Boredsurfing wrote:
how much more expensive are the others year to year ?

no idea, just got a quote with as a returning customer, and £80 more is steep, you can get roughly the same level of cover for £100 less (couple, annualr with 24 days skiing and worldwide)

I'll probably still pay it as I've never heard a bad word said about the service, and when you spend £10k a year on snow sports it seems silly to scrimp on insurance.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I didn't think their price was too bad when I looked, they don't insure for your skis getting nicked though do they?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Standee, where on Earth are you going snowHead
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Timmaah wrote:
Standee, where on Earth are you going snowHead

France, haven't you heard, it's €300 a pint!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just re-newed mine, went up from £145 to £163 so not too bad considering all insurance policies are going up.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Colin B wrote:
I didn't think their price was too bad when I looked, they don't insure for your skis getting nicked though do they?

They payed out when I lost my paddles/broke my kayak (after losing it - got beaten, swam, it all got swept away) in the Alps summer before last, so would've thought they'd cover theft too?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Typical insurance company, counting on the fact that their existing customers will not bother to hunt around for prices. In the past, I have found effective insurance for up to 30% less after having been with a company for some years, on insurance as diverse as second homes, commercial vehicles, and travel. Phone them up and tell them you will go elsewhere and see what happens, or go elsewhere.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:
For each insured-person this insurance will not cover:
(a) - the excess as shown on your summary of cover for each and every incident giving rise to a claim
- skis over five years old.
- ski equipment left unattended away from your personal holiday or trip accommodation except ski equipment left
between 6.00 am and 11.00 pm local time (during daytime) in the locked boot or covered luggage area of a motor vehicle
where entry was gained by violent and forcible means.

- any claim where you are able unable to provide the damaged items on request or to prove the existence or prove
ownership or responsibility of any items.
- any claim for loss or theft where you have not notified the Police, your carrier or tour operator’s representative and
obtained a written report.
- you are accompanied by, or have access to, an experienced and/or suitably qualified instructor or guide.
- you are properly supervised, taking part in an organised event or activity arranged by a recognised provider.
- you use natural or purpose built facilities approved by the activities local or national regulatory authorities.

that reads to me that if your skis are taken from outside a restaurant (even if locked) they are not covered, if I'm right that puts me off. I need to sort something this week I'll probably call them.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
clarky999 wrote:
Colin B wrote:

They payed out when I lost my paddles/broke my kayak (after losing it - got beaten, swam, it all got swept away) in the Alps summer before last, so would've thought they'd cover theft too?

My rbs home insurance does that.

What river was it? Dam I miss paddling the alps.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Colin B, Let us know what they say, mine isn't due till Feb but might be looking elsewhere for the ski cover. Pity the snowheads one never came off as they did say they'd cover me for playing polo!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I need something for the PSB so it's got to be this week. Might just do a weekly one for now though rather than annual. They all seem to have a downside now though.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
shoogly wrote:
clarky999 wrote:
Colin B wrote:

My rbs home insurance does that.

What river was it? Dam I miss paddling the alps.

High water Venter Ache - was not fun. Had had a month with no boating, and had lost more fitness than I'd expected (had done a LOT of boating the month before), failed to get left past a hole, all went downhill from there!). Recovered the boat about 6km downstream just inside the Kuhtrein Gorge (genuine g5/6 section even the locals don't touch in anything other than v low water), round the corner was the mother of all siphons (house sized boulder in the river, half the water feeding straight under it in an evil whirlpool, another quarter of the flow backing up off another downstream rock and feeding back into the whirly Skullie ), which I presume is where my paddles are...

Boat looked like this after:

snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I didn't call them in the end, got an annual policy with MPI Brokers, covers everything I need.
snow report
For anyone needing a quick week's cover at short notice, Direct Travel are still good. I know they have gone out of favour because of the 17 day limit, but they still cover off-piste without a guide.
ski holidays
My Annual, Family (of 2 - i.e Mrs Noggy and me) Worldwide with Winter Sports Cover cost me £88. Not bad.
ski holidays
noggy wrote:
My Annual, Family (of 2 - i.e Mrs Noggy and me) Worldwide with Winter Sports Cover cost me £88. Not bad.

Who with?
latest report
Insure and Go
snow conditions
Quote:

Insure and Go ++
ski holidays
all insurance companies are great...UNTIL you make a claim, then you really find out how good the are
snow report
I have used Dog Tag for some years but having just recentlly bought a short=priod policy and having had to make medical disclosures, I found out that they have changed their underwriters (again?) and they are more restrictive in their terms of cover.

Caveat Emptor unfortunately Crying or Very sad
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy